Stock Tire size for 2001 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stock Tire size for 2001 Explorer Sport

My01Exploder

Reaction score
City, State
Charlotte, North Carolina but live in Norfolk, VA due to Military
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport 4.0
I'm on deployment in the Navy right now, and my wife is getting ready to put new tires on my 2001 Explorer Sport 4.0 V6. Does anyone know the Stock Tire size for this model? I'm trying to put 31x10.50's on there and I am trying to figure out if I need a lift. All I need is the stock tire size so I can try to decide which is the biggest size I can put on there. Thanks guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should be able to get 31x10.50

You should be fine with the 31s. I just put new Geolandars on mine, they're about 30s if I remember right and I have plenty of room all around, I wouldn't go much bigger than what you're looking at though.

Be warned that some tire shops will refuse to put anything but a stock size tire on.

Have your wife call around and ask first if they will put a 31x10.5 on.

And thank you for defending our country :salute:

Sports also came from the factory with 255/70/16 (30.1) stock. 31's generally seem to fit 2000+ sports with no lift or trimming. If anything, you might want to cut a bit of plastic from the rear of the front fenders.

Yes, it depends what rims it came with from the factory. If it has 15's, then a 235/75-15 is stock and a 31x10.50-15 will also fit. If it has 16's, then a 255/70-16 is stock and a 265/70-16 (roughly the same size as a 31x10.50) will fit.

Back