• Register Today It's free!

Storage Bins and other questions

jselph

Reaction score
City, State
Metairie, LA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac
I've searched but couldn't find the answer. Are the two side storage bins in the bed supposed to have rubber plugs in the bottom or just open drain holes? Mine has only open holes so anything stored in there is subject to getting wet from tire or road splash.
Also, has anyone found a location to purchase parts for the factory bed cover? I need the drivers side hinge side cover and the the pass side front rubber cover.
Thanks,
John

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm sure you could go to the plumping section of your local hardware store and fine some rubber plugs that would fit perfectly

I'm sure you could go to the plumping section of your local hardware store and fine some rubber plugs that would fit perfectly

The plugs are cheap, it's the bed cover parts that are so expensive!

Storage bin plugs

I found a rubber plug in the truck that fits the hole in one of the small bed bins, but it is shaped more like a tapered plug than a grommet. None of the resources I have found to search shows the bin plug design. Can anyone tell me, or post a picture of the correct plug for the side bins in the bed? IMHO, something more like a grommet would be more efficient for storage, but if used as a small "ice chest" something like the tapered plug would be easier to remove and install.
TIA,
John

The hinge on the small passenger side storage box in my 2007 Sport Trac broke, will I have to replace the lid or the box to fix this issue? Also, is there anywhere other than the super expensive Fordparts.com to get these parts? I figured this would be a good thread to reuse for more storage box questions.
Thanks

Back