• Register Today It's free!

Straight pipe 4.6..

loud04explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Cincinnati, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Limited
Does anyone have any vids of a 4.6 straight piped from the cat? was thinking about doing that to my truck, right now i have a single flowmaster 40 and i like the way it sounds but i want louder, so i'm debating on dual 40's or straight piping it from the cat..i want it loud but not sure how straight pipes would sound..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my county inspection doesnt require emissions, it just has to have a visible muffler so i removed the resonator and welded a pipe through the center of a glasspack. i am very happy with the sound but it gets REALLY loud going uphill and when pulling a load

I definitely want loud, i just don't want it to sound like crap..i guess i could just go pull the muffler and see how it sounds..and if i like it just add pipe, but i was hoping there were some vids out ther.

i dont have any sound clips but i can tell you that mine does not back-fire or sound bubbly at all. its a very deep throaty sound. mine sounds almost like an svt mustang

did you keep the cat?

ive got the cats coming from the exhaust manifold but deleted the third cat/ resonator (no o2 sensor after it) and kept it at 2 3/4" pipe all the way back. probably gonna go to 3" soon

Where is the resonator located , I deleted my muffler and 3rd cat , i cant find where the resonator is at

Where is the resonator located , I deleted my muffler and 3rd cat , i cant find where the resonator is at
The resonator is the near the rear axle mine didn’t have one some do some don’t. It’s after the muffler though so if you don’t see one you probably don’t have it

Back