• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Strange camp style truck, identify?

DeliciousKeki

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94' EB X
This is a weird camper type truck that my grandfather owned, I'll be going to collect it in a couple months but I have no idea what it is. It's a 400 mile drive to go get it, I was just curious and wanted to research on it some before then. And yes I will be using my 94 explorer for the trip :)

Sorry for the small/bad picture but it's all I have.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

ThreeJs

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas/Henderson NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 EB Explorer 4x4
looks like a Toyota Chinook? The camper looks to be modified though.

Boonie2

Reaction score
City, State
South Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Sport Trac XLT
looks like a Toyota Chinook? The camper looks to be modified though.
Pretty sure your right about the Toyota Chinook , never seen one the the "Airplane Nose " like that one :thumbsup:

colintrax

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Are these rare? Seen my fair share around here. I can't imagine driving one, must be terrifying on the freeway.

DeliciousKeki

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94' EB X
Wow nice, I would of never guessed being so different. Yeah that would be my next question is rarity. Not worrying about value, I don't know what is wrong with it but I remember it stopped running over 5 years ago. As you said Rick it would be gutless anyway unless he already swapped it with something else, but I doubt that.

So my idea just from thinking about it is to stuff a good V6 in it and mod around with it into a utility truck. I've always wanted to try and do so with an explorer but the lack of space makes it difficult.
[MENTION=115607]colintrax[/MENTION] yeah it probably is, I would like to chop down the top by a lot to lessen the fear of tipping, even with the dually wheels.

Anyhow you can close this thread if you would like since it's pretty off-topic. My question is answered, love yall :)