Strange missing problem Please help!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Strange missing problem Please help!!

smokeum

Reaction score
City, State
PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 sport
I have a 93 explorer 4.0 with 95,000 on it. Would any one have any suggestions on this problem that I am having, I can’t seem to get to the bottom of it. The problem that I am having is when you run the X for a while it will start missing real bad. I also noticed that when I get out of the X for a few minuets letting it run, after I get back in to take off it sometimes seems that it can’t get out of it’s own way. It doesn’t happen all the time though. I had it hooked up to a scan tool and found out when is starts to miss the O2 sensors are running lean. (straight flat bottom line on the scan tool) and it moves to a open loop. I compared the O2 sensors with a 94 X and they where completely different mine has no consistency on the graph while the 94 has a smooth arch the whole way along. I checked the fuel pressure regulator and it seems to be holding pressure fine. Could it be that the O2 sensors are going bad or what and why? It is not throwing any codes either.
Thanks

Anyone ever had this problem??????????

Back