street scene speed grill install help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

street scene speed grill install help

slugmike

Reaction score
City, State
Sunnyvale, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
my X's early christmas gift came in last night, a street scene speed grill

it came with install instructions, but unfortunately, being the gimp that i am, i got stumped on the first step.

1) remove front fascia as a complete unit

does anybody have or know where i can find a step-by-step writeup on how to do that? pics would be awesome too...

thanks!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lets see a picture of it. Sometimes by just looking at the back of the speed grill you could figure out the rest.

Real man do not read instructions or use manuals! ;)

Basically open the hood and start undoing screws and clips ;)

If you can take apart a Mr. Potato-head and put it back together you should be able to do it.

The front fascia is that "plasticy grill" that is on the front of the grill and wraps around the headlights. It can be either chrome or the color of the body.

There are a few screws that attach this to the vehicle. You will need to remove the corner lights to access the screws on the side. Also, there are clips attaching it to the bottom.

Just open up your hood and you'll see where it attaches.

hmm.. i guess i'm misunderstanding the directions - i thought they wanted me to basically remove the entire frt bumper assembly. it seems like the new grill has to be attached from the back, so i'm not sure i can get my hands/tools back there with the assembly still attached.... guess i'll tinker with it this weekend and see what's up

They weren't really right to use the word "fascia", they should have just used "grill". You need to remove the grill in order to install the speed grill insert.

Back