Street Scene Speed Grille HELP!!! | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Street Scene Speed Grille HELP!!!

Martin01ES

Reaction score
City, State
Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
This is for a 2001 Explorer Sport

I got my Street Scene grille in today and I'm kinda confused! I got the stock grille out and its like on this pastic thing that holds it all together and i don't know what to do from here...just attach the speed grille over the stock or do i cut it out (if so, how do i attach the speed grille) Please someone help me, I'm willing to get this done by noon (when i have to go to work) yes, i'll be up all night! My kit came with zip ties and not clips!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ions

Reaction score
City, State
Pasadena, MD / Annapolis , MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Explorer Sport Trac
I believe the SS grille should come with like zip ties and you just zip tie it too the stock grille atleast thats the way you would do it on a 2001 ST it could be different.

Martin01ES

Reaction score
City, State
Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
Yes, mine has zip ties and I could do that, but you can see the hexagons and really doesn't look right. If I cut the hexagons out, how should I attach the grille, cut some small holes? No matter what I do, I am painting the stock grille thing black, so this probably won't get done tonight. I'll just go drive it like black magics until complete! Still need some help though...

ions

Reaction score
City, State
Pasadena, MD / Annapolis , MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Explorer Sport Trac
Sorry i couldn't be of more help i took my stock grille out of mine to install my billet grille so i wouldn't know how to do the SS grille my friend has one (non-ford) but he just used the zip ties and i looks good maybe someone will chime in who has done it.

K-9Search

Reaction score
City, State
Sicklerville, New jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
Hi,
I cut my stock grill out, and although mine came with these clips, I used zip ties to attach the new grill, I have no patience and everytime I would get 2 clips on 3 would jump off, so after numerous bad words and threats against said grill, I decided zip ties, worked great................................. all done!!!!! hope it helps,
Sandy

Martin01ES

Reaction score
City, State
Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
K-9Search said:
Hi,
I cut my stock grill out, and although mine came with these clips, I used zip ties to attach the new grill, I have no patience and everytime I would get 2 clips on 3 would jump off, so after numerous bad words and threats against said grill, I decided zip ties, worked great................................. all done!!!!! hope it helps,
Sandy

So you just cut out the octagon shapes then attached it...what did you attach the zip ties to then?

DOZIER

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Fultondale, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer sport
i have the t-rex billet grille and i cut my front grille out or actually i unsnapped it then i cut the little tabs that hold it on off with a rotary tool so it never even looks as it existed then i used self tappers for the grille and the bottom grille into the pillars too.......thats what my instructions said to do so i did it and it looks great.............look under before and after, show x in the making.