stretch's elite page | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

stretch's elite page

Well after about a year I finally had the funds to become elite!:cool: I'll use this page to keep a record of any mods I do.
For now here's the basics:
- 1996 XLT V8 AWD
- 3.73 LSD
This is as close to a stock pic that I have (completely stock except for the 31's):

Attachments

• x3a.jpg
    x3a.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 510

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I then lowered it 2" and added the EE sway bars (highly recomended), Edelbrock IAS shocks, and 18" Moda R6's wrapped in 255/55 Toyo Proxes ST rubber. I'm in the process of shaving the emblems and wiper off the rear hatch, I just don't know if I'll be able to get it finished before I leave for boot camp in Oct. (money's too tight.) Here is what it looks like now:

Attachments

• elite thread 2a.jpg
    elite thread 2a.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 655

looks awesome man! i like the rims!. gotta love the flex shot with the trailer attached to the back. keep up the good work!

Thanks for the encouraging words guys. I haven't been on the board too much lately, I've been so busy packing and getting ready to ship out Oct. 9th. Hopefully, after getting through basic training and my AIT training, I'll have some $ saved up to actually finish something - rollpan, stereo, shaved hatch, front bumper ;) .

Lookin' good, I like the rims, and having it completely shaved will look sharp.

Originally posted by Hokie
say hi to your boa constructor for me...
She wanted to say hi back. :D

Attachments

• female 7a_small.jpg
    female 7a_small.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 399

Just a little update. The X has been raised back up 2-3" over stock and I just recently purchased some Ultra 15X8 polished aluminum rims and 32" Dayton all terrain tires to replace the worn out (and dangerous) 31's. It'll be nice to get back in a position to start working on the SAS again. The D44 looks so sad just sitting in my shed. :( And here's what it looks like now. :)

Attachments

• 32's.jpg
    32's.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 332

looking better already! i like those wheels

Looking good. Can't wait to see more progress on that SAS. :cool:

Looks better lifted. ;)

Nice work. :thumbsup:

much better lifted

Back