stretch's minor altitude adjustment | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

stretch's minor altitude adjustment

It's not that much but it's something. Before 2" lowered on 18's and edlebrock shocks, and after 2" lift springs in rear, TT, rancho 9000X with 31's:

Attachments

• lowered X1 se.jpg
    lowered X1 se.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 427
  • after TT and 2 inch sp 4 se.jpg
    after TT and 2 inch sp 4 se.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 1,953

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's a lowered 2" w/ 31's pic and what it looks like now with the lift and the same 31's. Last pic is a compare between the original leafs and the new 2" lift leafs.

Attachments

• driver's side sag se.jpg
    driver's side sag se.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 383
  • driver's side raised 2 inches se.jpg
    driver's side raised 2 inches se.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 361
  • old and new compare 1 se.jpg
    old and new compare 1 se.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 369

Of course I had to test it out. :D I can't go too hard on the trails yet though because I think my x-fer case is on its last leg. I love the added ground clearance and height when on the road!

Attachments

• trail testing 2 se.jpg
    trail testing 2 se.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 351

it looks good, that first pic makes it look blue though...except for the right rear corner has a hint of green. weird.

Looks great and I agree that those 31's do look rather small. Time for some 32's. :D

I agree with everyone else, those 31s do look small. But is still looks really good. :thumbsup:

Looks good man, you go wheeling a lot down in that area?

What kind of leaf springs are those? I've been looking for some 2" lift springs.

Thanks for the compliments guys, and yes, the 31's have looked small to me since I've installed the lift. Hoping to get some 32's by Dec. Not going to go with anymore lift until I get a real axle for the front. ;)

ExplorerSportNu said:
Looks good man, you go wheeling a lot down in that area?
Not as much as I would like to with my driveline issues, severe clunking from either the front diff or transfer case, haven't figured out which yet. If it's the x-fer case the wife has already agreed to an Atlas! :D Maybe we can get together sometime once I get this problem figured out.

What kind of leaf springs are those? I've been looking for some 2" lift springs.

I got them from www.customsuspension.com . They ran me about $380 including new u-bolts and shipping. I need to disconnect the sway bar to really see how they flex but I'm not sure if my brake line is long enough to do that yet.

not another one :(

Looks good though!

stretch said:
Not as much as I would like to with my driveline issues, severe clunking from either the front diff or transfer case, haven't figured out which yet. If it's the x-fer case the wife has already agreed to an Atlas! :D Maybe we can get together sometime once I get this problem figured out.

Well if you get that fixed & plan on doing some wheeling down there, drop me a line thats pretty close to where I'm at ;)

boominXplorer said:
not another one :(

Looks good though!
Thanks. Once I moved down here to MO we got a severe hailstorm that left some pretty good dents all over the place. How a window wasn't damaged I don't know. Then I noticed a bit of rust on the inside of the rocker panel so I pulled the rtim piece off and found a hole I could fit my hand through! With that and the normal paint damage of an 8 year old X I decided to reinstall my 31's - and they fit without rubbing while it was lowered 2" so I took that as a sign to go the off road route. Once this one's paid off (March) I may look into eventually getting an newer one to stay on the street.

ExplorerSportNu said:
Well if you get that fixed & plan on doing some wheeling down there, drop me a line thats pretty close to where I'm at ;)
Where do you usually go? Mark Twain Nat'l Forest is right off base and is the only place I have found. The trails aren't that challenging but it's all I got here. :(

No where inperticular, don't have any great "legal" spots around here, a whole lot of nothing unless you know people with land :rolleyes: I think I might go to Tellico - NC with some the other members on that group trip nov 19-21st, but if you go wheeling down there some weekend I could roll down there :D

Back