• Register Today It's free!

stroker kits for OHV 4.0

pato castro

Reaction score
City, State
Santiago - Chile
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 xlt
Does anybody knows if there are stroker kits for the 4.0? I've reading this engine's specs and the bore x stroke is 3.92 x 3.31 (i don't remember exactly...) but if i can increase the stroke to 3.8 + o - , it could significantly become a bigger engine ( maybe a 4.7!), but since this is a modified, smaller displacement block, maybe is just no possible. Please let me know if you know something about:confused: :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

from what I've learned about the 4.0 is it's as big as you can take the original 2.6 liter V-6 that was used in the Pinto and Mustang II in the mid '70s.

So in otherwords, no.

Like Texan1 said, there isn't a stroker kit (as far as I know) available for the 4.0. He was correct in that the 4.0 OHV V6 is actually a highly modded version of older, smaller V6's. While there isn't a stroker kit, there are however, available better parts from www.vanirtech.com .

i am building a stoker kit right now for my best friends vortech supercharged 4.0 ranger. just like with trolls truck we can leave any motor stock for long.

FORD CERITIFIED TECHNICIAN

JUST PURCHASE A SUPERCHARGER KIT. I HAVE BEEN CONSIDERING PUTTING ONE ON MY 4.0L EXPLORER. THEY ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH ALMOST ANY MAIL ORDER MAGAZINE. ( SUMMIT, JEGS, ETC.)

Re: FORD CERITIFIED TECHNICIAN

Originally posted by Msupertek
JUST PURCHASE A SUPERCHARGER KIT. I HAVE BEEN CONSIDERING PUTTING ONE ON MY 4.0L EXPLORER. THEY ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH ALMOST ANY MAIL ORDER MAGAZINE. ( SUMMIT, JEGS, ETC.)

Maybe ya didn't read the title... Stroker kits... NOT superchargers... we're well aware that s/c's are available, as they have for a long time... Oh, and TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK newbie! :frustrate:
Pete

Back