stroker kits | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

stroker kits

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a member by the name of Troll that is running a 347 with a supercharger and a shot of NOS who runs 12s. Search for him and send him a message. From your other posts, you want to be taking the same route as him. Good luck. And you're not too far from me, only a couple hours!

I've rode in a 347 mustang and it helped alot. Alot more bottom end power. Yes, it's worth the money and the work would take some time unless you know how to balance a crank and bore the block.

And for the record, Troll is running 10s and is planning on 9s with the turbo.

Troll runs better than that without NOS.

so i think im gonna order the stroker kit and have it installed at a mustang place near hear. i cant believe that someone has a 9 sec explorer ...i only hope to get mine in the 11's by next summer! i will have the best sleeper ever stock looking explorer with a stroker kit! hopefully this stroker kit will put me at 300hp or more( will add some bolt ons intake chip headers etc..)

chopinon22s: i see you added a supercharger .how much power did that add? what do you think you 1/4 mile time is?

Hope this don't sound wrong, but you don't get any more of a sleeper than this! ;) I would definetly say you'd push 300.

Nevermind, he doesn't like me taking them :p

Check out Troll's website. Although its horribly out of date, its still a starting point. Make sure to watch the video under dyno results!

http://www.speedfreak.cc/troll/

It added alot of power, it brought me (on a good day) from stock 0-60 in high 9s to mid-low 6s. At this moment, I hope to be in the 13s with the cam/stall swap comin up.

ok trolls explorer is like the fast explorer i ever saw! im going tomorrow after school to order my stroker kit! hopefulley get it installed next week! ordered a intake and a performance chip coming this week. went out tonite and went to lebenon and raced a accord with normal mods and a s10 with exhaust..i beat them both! would of took the dart but i have the exhaust off just got new headers.. on the way home i wanted to test my g tech thing( the thing that shows hp 0-60 and 1/4) my hp is 207hp and 268lb/ft 0-60 is 8.94 and 1/4 mile is 15.91 sounds pretty good for just exhaust

took my explorer these morning to get the stroker kit put in .. the guy said it will be done tomorrow! the guy estimated anywhere from 320-375hp but we will find out tomorrow because we are gonna dyno test it tomorrow to!!!!!!!!im hopeing for 350hp

got my explorer back! the 347 stroker kit makes a huge difference! dyno test at 352.3hp and 402lb/ft!!. 0-60 is 6.8 and 1/4 mile is 13.4 thats what the g tech said. and it only cost $2500 that cheaper than a supercharger. now i can go around 30mph and floor it and lay a 20ft burnout

Did you get your #'s from the G-Tech or was this an actual dyno?

wow guy, glad to hear everything went well and that the stroker just put a bigger smile on ur face when u hit the gas....gotta love them 5.0s.....low 13s is nice...congrads....what brand kit did you use?

What compression is the engine now? What camshaft also? PICS PICS PICS, we need some.

i cant put pictures yet my wife took the camera on her trip so ill post pictures in 3 weeks...i got the kit from jegs it cost $1200 i dont know the compression i will find out tomorrow though.. and the camshaft is a crane cam... next i thinking about getting 18" wheels lowering 2"s! i want to get the looks! but this is only the beginning i want to get this explorer into the high 10's low 11's.. i need to get the wheels soon because i need new tires ..on my way out of the shop i had a little to much fun wish i got a picture :burnout: ..but the look on the mustang owners faces :eek: was priceless :D

the horsepower and torque are from a actual dyno

985.0xplorer said:
but this is only the beginning i want to get this explorer into the high 10's low 11's

That will be NO easy task. If you're making that much HP on the engine alone, I'm guessing you're compression ratio has to be rather high. It will take a supercharger/nitrous or both to put you in that time range. The prob. is with the compression ratio you might have, if you add either you'll **** the bottomend in the oilpan. NOT pretty at all. If you do decide to go with a S/C, no biggie. Just get some low compression pistons. Can't wait to see pics.

today i got off work early and went test driving my explorer around... the roads were a little wet and i couldnt get traction. at this read light i pulled up beside a gmc jimmy with a typhoon decal on the side. the guy rev'd his engine up so i rev'd back at him the light turned green i couldnt get traction and burnedout for a second or 2 but when i got traction i took off but he was so far ahead of me there was no chance... what are these types of gmc jimmys that can do this?

Hm.. Typhoons, nothing special, besides being turbocharged :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ones that don't have over 400 ft/lbs. of torque

Back