• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Struts

bigdude2468

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XT
Planning on replacing the front struts on our 2014 AWD, 85,000 miles. Rock Auto has quick struts, both Monroe and Gabriel + what I assume are imports. I have read some bad reviews about quick struts changing the ride height and also giving a harsher ride. Anyone have any personal experience with either Monroe or Gabriel?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

03WIExplorerLtd

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer FWD base
Planning on replacing the front struts on our 2014 AWD, 85,000 miles. Rock Auto has quick struts, both Monroe and Gabriel + what I assume are imports. I have read some bad reviews about quick struts changing the ride height and also giving a harsher ride. Anyone have any personal experience with either Monroe or Gabriel?
Motorcraft or Bilstein, others are junk. Get new mounts. Don't mess with the all in one.

Green94

Reaction score
City, State
Lafayette, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
I had Monroe Quick Struts on my wife’s Flex a few years ago. Made horrible noises and the mounts were not right from day one. Ended up taking them out and replaced with Motorcraft struts and mounts. No issues after that, but lost out on cash and numerous hours spent in my garage.

Crates

Reaction score
City, State
Windsor, Ont
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer AWD Limited
Motorcraft will have a fully loaded strut available soon if you can wait. Otherwise buy the individual Motorcraft parts and assemble it. I dont recommend the Chinese stuff, it’s generally poor quality and the ride isnt as nice.

bigdude2468

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XT
Motorcraft will have a fully loaded strut available soon if you can wait. Otherwise buy the individual Motorcraft parts and assemble it. I dont recommend the Chinese stuff, it’s generally poor quality and the ride isnt as nice.
Any idea when these will be available?