Strutteks installed....serious rake | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Strutteks installed....serious rake

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone installed Strutteks on the front only? Do they level out the rake? I would like to just levelout my X.

Has anyone installed Strutteks on the front only? Do they level out the rake? I would like to just levelout my X.

Can't say if they will level out the rake. I will post some before and after pics when I install them on the front.

I'll get some shots tomorrow, weather permitting. I only have them on the rears. Haven't installed them up front yet.

As promised:

Struttek2Custom.jpg

Left Rear:

StruttekInstalledLeftRearCustom.jpg

Right Rear:

StruttekInstalledRightRearCustom.jpg

I don't think are are longer. They are new, so they will seem longer. My Ex had both rear springs broken and had 150, x.. miles on it when these went in. That's why I gained 3" in the rear.

I gained 3" in the rear but it was from too much good food and beer.;):thumbsup:

I gained 3" in the rear but it was from too much good food and beer.;):thumbsup:

I've gained a lot more than that Lynchy, for the same reasons! :chug:

I'm looking forward to a beer or 24 too level up me front, a horizontal lift kit.

As promised:

Struttek2Custom.jpg

Left Rear:

StruttekInstalledLeftRearCustom.jpg

Right Rear:

StruttekInstalledRightRearCustom.jpg

They do look pretty close in size. Is the stock setup fully extended(jacked up?) If so, you'll see that the top three coils are compressed as opposed to the new unit. Also, I just recieved two rear wheel bearing from the exact same company, sweet!!! Hopefully get my install done soon because I haven't driven my Ex in over 2 weeks:(

They do look pretty close in size. Is the stock setup fully extended(jacked up?) If so, you'll see that the top three coils are compressed as opposed to the new unit. Also, I just recieved two rear wheel bearing from the exact same company, sweet!!! Hopefully get my install done soon because I haven't driven my Ex in over 2 weeks:(

Nope she's sitting on the ground. I crawled my fat a$$ under there for the pics.

Any update on the Cabinet & Tile Job? :p:

So, the quickstruts only add lift in the rear? That's strange they did that... Could run these for a strut upgrade and rear lift, and use a front spacer... Can someone measure the front and rear to see what the rake is? I'd like to know how much lift in the front would level the truck with Strutteks on all 4 corners...

So, the quickstruts only add lift in the rear? That's strange they did that... Could run these for a strut upgrade and rear lift, and use a front spacer... Can someone measure the front and rear to see what the rake is? I'd like to know how much lift in the front would level the truck with Strutteks on all 4 corners...

I think they add lift to the front as well. I would guess they add 1in to the front and a solid 2.5in in the rear. Maybe even 3. They must be bigger then stock.

Look at my pics on the first page. Those are stock wheels with new strutteks on all 4 corners. I have never seen a stock Ex with the rear that jacked up. The factory rake is not that dramatic IMO.

I would measure for you, but I just put 265's on so the figures will be off from stock. I hope to post pics tomorrow. It looks waaaaay better then the stock mini donuts from the original post.

I think they add lift to the front as well. I would guess they add 1in to the front and a solid 2.5in in the rear. Maybe even 3. They must be bigger then stock.

Look at my pics on the first page. Those are stock wheels with new strutteks on all 4 corners. I have never seen a stock Ex with the rear that jacked up. The factory rake is not that dramatic IMO.

I would measure for you, but I just put 265's on so the figures will be off from stock. I hope to post pics tomorrow. It looks waaaaay better then the stock mini donuts from the original post.

If you wouldn't mind measuring it'll accomplish what I'm looking to find out. Just the difference in fender height from front to rear. Yes, the rake does look worse than stock, but if the front can be leveled with the basic 2.25" spacer (or less) I would very much consider this. A better ride and no spacers in the rear... Post pics when you can! The 265's don't rub the knuckle or upper control arm in the front? Thought I heard a wheel spacer (or offset wheel) might be needed for 265s, maybe only when lifted more?

If you wouldn't mind measuring it'll accomplish what I'm looking to find out. Just the difference in fender height from front to rear. Yes, the rake does look worse than stock, but if the front can be leveled with the basic 2.25" spacer (or less) I would very much consider this. A better ride and no spacers in the rear... Post pics when you can! The 265's don't rub the knuckle or upper control arm in the front? Thought I heard a wheel spacer (or offset wheel) might be needed for 265s, maybe only when lifted more?

No problem Strubby. My daughter has misplaced my camera so I am a little delayed on posting the pics. I will post definitely by this weekend.

I have 265/70/16. No rub at all under any circumstance that I have noticed. Highway tires, not A/T's though.

Where exactly would you like me to measure from? Floor to the top of the wheel arch?

I appreciate it! Yeah, from the ground to the center of the fender arch should work. Looking forward to the pics!

Here is some pics with the new tires. 265/70/16 General Grabber HTS. Truck rides very smooth now with these and the strutteks. Night and day difference from when I first got it, but it did have 112k with broken rear springs. I never imagined the bumps and rattles could ever be remedied this well. Feels like a new truck. Eventually I think I will put some lower riding strut assemblies on the rear to even the rake a bit. Probably Monroes.

strubby - F 33.8 in. R 36.4 in. I think you would need a 2in spacer to get it near even. Maybe 2.5.

I need a new camera, this thing is terrible.......

100_1070.jpg

100_1071.jpg

100_1072.jpg

100_1078.jpg

100_1076.jpg

100_1083.jpg

100_1085.jpg

Looks much better with the 265s! About 2 inches, a spacer should take care of that. I'll have to call Brandon and see if he'll do just a front spacer. Only 67k on my X but I figure if I'm going to tear apart the suspension to lift it, new struts now wouldn't be a bad idea, not to mention to ride improvement. Thanks for the info!

managed to get my front strutteks installed today. no pics but before measurment from floor to center of wheel well was 33 3/4". after is 34 1/2". im running the 16" xls rim on bald 235,70/16s with a 1.5 inch body lift. as my ex sits, its 35" in the rear and 34 1/2" in the front.

IMAG0180.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice job. A couple of side pics of them installed would be nice! ;)

Back