• Register Today It's free!

Stuck in hill assist mode?

austin713

Reaction score
City, State
houston tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST
Wife was driving up the incline of a parking garage, she stopped and when she tried to accelerate again the engine reved up but did not move anywhere. it finally started moving but im wondering if this is a bug in the software for the hill assist feature. has anyone experienced this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is this for your 2017 Explorer? If so, you posted in the 6th gen forum, not 5th gen.

no sorry, just got a 2020 ST. i need to update my info

Welcome to the Forum Autin. :wave:
Congrats on the new ST.
How long did it take to start moving again? Hill Start Assist stays engaged for 2 to 3 seconds as per the Manual and waits for the engine to provide enough torque to prevent the vehicle from rolling back. Page 208.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Autin. :wave:
Congrats on the new ST.
How long did it take to start moving again? Hill Start Assist stays engaged for 2 to 3 seconds as per the Manual and waits for the engine to provide enough torque to prevent the vehicle from rolling back. Page 208.

Peter
it was about that long, i thought it was as soon as you touch the gas but maybe i was wrong.

it was about that long, i thought it was as soon as you touch the gas but maybe i was wrong.
The feature seems to be working normally then.

Peter

Back