stuck spark plug help? 1992 ford explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

stuck spark plug help? 1992 ford explorer

blueeye

Reaction score
Hello, I am new, I have a Ford Explorer 1992 stock, with a stuck spark plug, passenger side by the firewall. I'm afraid I'm going to break something if I force it, it's in there too tight. Any helpful hints to remove it please?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...this usually happens when someone puts the plugs in and does not apply anti-seize for spark plugs...you could spray some deep creep or pb blaster on it to soak...
...if you search there is a current thread about "broke sparkplug" you might want to read while your soaking your plug...good luck...:D

...this usually happens when someone puts the plugs in and does not apply anti-seize for spark plugs...you could spray some deep creep or pb blaster on it to soak...
...if you search there is a current thread about "broke sparkplug" you might want to read while your soaking your plug...good luck...:D

Hi tbars, thank you for your quick and informative reply, I appreciate it, could you please link me to this broke sparkplug thread you mention? I tried searching the forum for it by title but came up with nothing, TIA.

Many thanks tbars4 and BP_93explorer for your help. I am soaking and we'll see how it goes. :salute: I like this forum, it has a lot of useful information on the quick! Thanks to those who make it available for everyone.

...just be patient with it and hopefully it won't break...;)
...you might want to add where your from and your vehicle mk/model/yr in your signature just for future help, and good luck...:D

Back