stuck throttle | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

stuck throttle

jaxon

Reaction score
City, State
vancouver
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer sport
Had a stuck throttle today when i stepped into it. Almost went throught the intersection. Shut car down immediately. Checked under the hood linkage was free and clear. Went out tested it later happened again only when i stomped on it and it got past 3500 rpm. This time though it disengeged as soon as i touched the brake. Just installed bama chip programer. Possible problem with the cruise control and throttle input?
Any suggestions will be contacting Bama Chips as well.
Mike

'97 V8

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
ft. knox ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 mounty 5.0 4x4 baby!!
Hey man, i live in Vancouver too. I go to UBC. Anywasy ford sent out a recall, i got one for my mounty, that is some climates especially cold ones, the throttle body cable will stick. My mountys cable stuck when a semi pulled in front of me i had to accelrate and it let loose again. I cant recall the exact scenario on what would happen but take it to a ford dealer and have them adress tha issue. Did this happen up north in squamish or whistler or here in vancouver?

jeff96

Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Ninja 636, 96 Ex Sport
haha canda has some cool towns, squamish and whistler :)

karl_burns

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Winston Salem, NC - Go Deacs!
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport OHV 5speed
Happens to me only in the winter. Happens all the time, independent of the RPMs. I always wondered if I was the only one or not.....
Again, only happens in the winter, once temps get 35 and below. Never happens in the summer.
Karl