• Register Today It's free!

Stupid anti-theft

mowermechanic

Reaction score
City, State
Federal Way, Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Limited
So mad i locked my keys in my truck, i never do that, but i never work on stuff mad either.... I was driving, and the alarm started going off, couldn't shut it off by remote (don't know if it is original remote) or by shutting vehicle off. So i unplugged the horn and drove 2 minutes to my destination. After 5 minutes of being parked, It quit. I drove to another friends house, and the flashing lights turned in to strobe lights, so fast the relay barely had time to cycle. Does the stock Anti-theft (1994 limited) have 4 relays strapped together under the drivers dash with 3 fuses (1 30, 2 20) and one mini toggles switch right by the hood release? I'm thinking it's not, because there are wires spliced into the 2 wires going to the hood open/shut switch, also 3 different wires are spliced (looks after market) into the steering column wires. Where is the Anti-theft module? or where is the fuse for it?! Yes i have key-less entry with a panic button. None of those do the trick. Nor does unplugging the NEG terminal, the 3 fuses by the relays, or flipping the toggle switch.... I AM LOST!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have an aftermarket alarm setup. Usually, they are spliced into the ignition wires under the dash near the steering column. Look for a 12g (slightly larger or smaller maybe) yellow wire with a inline fuse spliced in to the wiring under the dash, usually just above where your left knee is.

it looks like there is a computer connector hanging (computer removed?) from the bunch of wires, how about i disconnect that mess and remove it? and try again (after i get my rig unlocked)?

where is the factory module? what else would caus the alarm to go on the fritz?

i read in another thread that the anti-theft module was located in the rear left passenger door, and that door has a tendency to leak. I happened to wash my truck about 10 minutes prior to driving it, i really hosed down the windows because i have those window flares... I'm going to check that tomorrow when i hopefully get the truck unlocked. (off subject) there was a few police cars outside my apartment, and none of them would unlock my truck for me. i was like, "i live here, no spare key" "sorry we aren't allowed to do that" (my ass, they do that when there's a suspect involved.... jack-offs....

looking at another thread, the rear left window happens to leak. Mine did, all over the anti-theft module. I had to disassemble the WHOLE thing, down to the circuit board. I used a hair dryer on it and the connections, and then covered it in plastic, and rtv'd around the window in the trouble areas, no more problems.

Back