Stupid question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shadow wolf

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 mercy mountaineer
This may be a stupid question but can i use parts on a 99 Explorer on a 2000 mountaineer if so will all parts swap or iss there a limit

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes that happens to be a year where few changes were made. There may be some trim pieces that only fit with other trim pieces from the same vehicle but overall they're the same, with the obvious possibility that they could have a different engine and transmission or other feature options, same as the same model and year could. I don't know if the back hatches are interchangeable.

There are no stupid questions..only stupid answers but the guy above was spot on!

I don't own any 99's (mostly 2000's and 2001's) but my guess is that 99% of the parts are interchangeable. When in doubt check the RockAuto on-line catalog for part numbers.

I don't own any 99's (mostly 2000's and 2001's) but my guess is that 99% of the parts are interchangeable. When in doubt check the RockAuto on-line catalog for part numbers.

I use autozone, but same concept. Search for the same part for both vehicles, and see if you get the same part number.

Back