sub box | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

sub box

longhorn94

Reaction score
City, State
san angelo, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
i was wondering if anyone has made a sub box to go behind their backseats, if so how big would it need to be?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i actually have that box but i would like to have two subs and the only way to do it with out having it in the back seat would be to install them behind it

I get ya, do you plan on cutting out the plastic behind the seat to accomplish this then?

I know for sure I have seen boxes built for behind the back seat on this site.

One was a link for a guy selling them for 180 bucks, and the other one was a guys home attempt to do it with fiberglass and MDF (I think, not sure about fiberglass).

Either way, you have to remove the two storage boxes and I think most of the plastic goes away to do it.

I was looking into this a couple months ago so I'm sure its possible but for the life of me I can't find the links.

I know for sure I have seen boxes built for behind the back seat on this site.

One was a link for a guy selling them for 180 bucks, and the other one was a guys home attempt to do it with fiberglass and MDF (I think, not sure about fiberglass).

Either way, you have to remove the two storage boxes and I think most of the plastic goes away to do it.

I was looking into this a couple months ago so I'm sure its possible but for the life of me I can't find the links.

*Edit, actually this looks like a cheap good way to do it:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229740

have you thought about just going with just an ordinary truck sub. i believe that at their deepest point its about 4 inches which should fit behind the seat.

Members on MySportTrac.com have made a variety of different types of sub boxes for their ST's. Alot of them are members on here like I am. I made the box for under the rear seat but plan on building a fiberglass box behind the rear seat in the near future when time and funds allow.

I used cardboard for a template and built 2 10" boxes that are below my back seat with 2 amps sitting in between. Did not want to loose the storage behind the seats. Only problem I have is the back seat does not go down all of the way

i have the box for the one 10 on. sub behind my seat and i have 2 6 in. bazookas underneath my seat. i have tried to find every way possible to get 2 behind the seat and i couldnt not find a way i even looked at going to a high tech sterio place and haveing one custom built. but i do no that 2 6 in. bazookas will fit underneath the seat.

i have a pioneer pancake sub came in the box for like $210 and i had to remove the plastic behind the seat but it fits good back there and you would never know its there and it defiantly sounds good. you could always just put bass shakers under the rear seat and that would do very nice

Like this?

DSC00141.JPG

DSC00145.JPG

DSC00147.JPG

here's what I got I'll get more pics up asap

sub.jpg

on mysporttrac.com there is a vendor that sells box's one of them is a box that fits to
10'' subs i think the subs have to be 3'' deep but it does fit behind the seats

Like this?

DSC00141.JPG

DSC00145.JPG

DSC00147.JPG

yeah just like that lol except i dont have any plastic and only one 12" but i like that it is clean i had pictures up of mine at one point

DSCF0227.jpg

DSCF0229.jpg

Back