subwoofer spacer ring | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

subwoofer spacer ring

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you know anyone with a jigsaw then you can build your own. Just get a small piece of mdf and get to cutting.

An audio shop might have something pre made, or could make you one most likely. I would say that is your best bet, is talking a guy there into making you one for 20 bucks or something. A craft store would probably have something like that, but I doubt it would be the right diameter for a subwoofer application.

A local stereo store made me two 3/4 inch mdf spacers for $25. After seeing the spacers, I am concerned that since they are only one inch thick (inside diameter is 9.25 inches and the outside diameter is 10.25) they will not hold up once the subwoofer is screwed into the spacer. There will be less than 1/2 inch support on each side of the screw. See it what happens.

Tell ya what man, I have lots of 3/4" MDF scrap laying around from building my box & amp rack. Give me the inner & outer diameters you want, I'll make a perfect ring using my ROTOZIP w/circle cutter and send it to you. Just pay me whatever it costs to ship it.

the spacer will hold up..MDF is prety strong so even half inch of support will do fine

Does using a spacer ring decrease sound quality at all?

I doubt it does, but I am about to use 1 on a box I am building so I am sort of curious.

it will add a little bit of air space to the box...so it may throw ur calculations off

oo, good call, i hadn't thought of that :p

(I am trying to squeeze every last square inch out of this box that I can, stealthbox for beneath the storage thing)

Back