Suggested "cornering" lites to mount on the roof? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Suggested "cornering" lites to mount on the roof?

I have (4) of the large rectangular lights on my roof rack. Two of them are KC's that are pointed ahead and help with wide open roads. When I'm going slow in the hills around corners, I use the other two cheap-o lights that look like the KC's, which are turned maybe 10 degrees to each side. I can control them various ways, I have a switch for each set. I also have a 3-way switch so they will come on with my brights if I want, on all the time, or never on.

My question is what type of lights do I need for "cornering"? If all the lights are always on, it's distracting. It's difficult to see what's ahead of the next curve and I like to be able to see it. And dang it, I have an Optima and a 200 amp alternator and I wanna get my money's worth!

I see pictures of awsome Ex's here with amazing lites on them, I'm hoping one of you can help with a suggested light. So I guess I'm wondering if I need "fog" lights or "Euro" lights?? I hope this makes sense to you!

Thanks!!

Back