Suggestions about new wheels? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Suggestions about new wheels?

Hi guys:
I just back home before get the tires of my 1992 XLT 4x4 balanced. My X is mostly stock, so I have the original wheels.
Well, the bad news was that two of the wheels are deformed and is very difficult to do the balance job.

Is possible repair an alloy wheel?

If not, some suggestion to get a new ones?

My tires are 275/15 R75 Good Year Wrangler

Thanks for the advices and suggestions :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mdlrvenom

I got the shackels from warrior products #153 for around $50.00 + shipping.

The coil spacers are the factory coil seats from a '96 F-150/250. They are exactly 1 1/8" tall. I put them in with my origional hardware and realigned my front end.

I also have Pro Comp add-a-leafs from www.summitracing.com for about $26.00 + shipping. This a veary easy and cheap lift to gain a few inches. You get an 1.5" in front and around 3" in the back. It makes your truck set fairley evenly.

Someone sent me a pic a while back. If you send your email I send it to you. I cant figure out how to put it on the board!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mdlrvenom

Yeah, in general you right.
But the problems begins when you are in an emergency situation, where you need to do some evasive maneouvers with the Ex and she, with those oversized tires and no suspension and steering modifications, doesn' t response as you wish.
You only get 65 MPH average in the highway?
Why?
Whats happens with the handle of your Ex over that speed?
BTW, where is that " sport truck thread " that you mention?

Thanks

Andy

andy

i only go average 65 on the highway cause its a truck! i know its a midsize and all but it is not a mustang, or even a passanger car. besides i find if i set the cruise control to 65mph (legal speed limit) i actually get better gas milage

and as far as the X not responding with oversized tires i think that is non sense... the only complaint i have with my new tires is one that i will have to get used to... the braking distance is different and i will have to adjust to the weight that has been added to the vehicle... but other than that it turns the same and works exceptionaly well in the snow and i can only imagine the rain.. personally better than the tires that were on there before..

and u can find the threads about sport trucks under the main forum area.. Labeled Sport Trucks...

another note about evasive manuvers... i live in jersey were there is more morons on the road than i think anywhere(probably why car insurance is so high) and i haven't had to make any violent moves(knock on wood) and the way your talkin i don't care if your running 17's with sport tires and u lowered the truck your still gonna tip the thing... remember its a truck, its an explorer not an F150 lighting thats built to go like a bat outa hell... if you want somethin that handles like this then save your doe and buy a mustang...

peace:exp:

mdlrvenom

Got it. Thanx for the info.
My thoughs about the oversized tires is just an opinion.

Peace to you too:D

I've had my Ex with no lift and 31's onstock rims and have traveled well over 65 without a problem.

Back