Suggestions for a 2 inch lift on 94 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Suggestions for a 2 inch lift on 94 Explorer

T ROwE

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer
Ive already got the warrior shackles and a 3in. body lift. But my 32x11.50in tires still rub when turning sharply. I wanted to get a 2in. suspension lift, should I go with the f150 coil seats and AAL? If so I dont know of any places to buy them.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where are they rubbing?

If its at the rear of the fenderwell you can scoot them forward a bit by doubling up on the washer in front of the Radius Arm.

Of course. . A sawzall is always your friend.. :)

~Mark

they are rubbing in the front, i already tried cutting just behind the front tire but it still rubs somehow so im lookin to lift it more

depends if you wanna be proper, or redneck it. You can lift it as much as you want for less than $50. All you need is to put the rear axle under the spring, which is free and lifts 5 inches, then you can put your shackles on the lowest setting which should make it about 3". And in the front you just need to make some brackets for the axle housings and radius arms. and then some spring spacers. if you have some time and a decent welder you can do it no problem, im doin it next time my parents go on a trip then the only problem is drive shaft and shock lengths. you can easily fix that with driveshaft flange spacers and extended shock brackets or new shocks.

Just to clarify.. ^^^ is the non proper way, but "might" work..

the f-150 spacers will lift the front the 1.5" or so to get your your clearance. The AAL will lift the rear a bit AND stiffen the ride some, which is good if your springs are sagging some from the years/miles.

~Mark

I don't think adding a leaf will lift it enough though. Especially since the front is naturally higher than the back. And i know its not the proper way. I was raised by a welder. We ALWAYS make our own stuff.

I've never AAL'd on an X though. Just an old Roadrunner. So it might work.

i want to do the f150 coil seats but then the front will be higher, the truck is level right now so is there a way to lift the back 2 inches? like shocks or something?

If your level now, an AAL will lift the rear the same as the front if you use the f-150 spring seats. If you use new coils the AAL won't be enough..

BTW.. shocks don't "lift".. Air shocks Can and so can those cheapies with springs, but they put the wrong kind of load on the shock mounts and thing break that way.

~Mark

...Do a search on here for "warrior shackles"...;)

...In the f150 coil seat thread it discus's the shackle's and sizing of them...

ok so if i do the coil seats it will be like 1.5in lift and the aal will be the same for the rear?
the back was sagging before the shackles and now its a little bit higher, i want the rear just as high or slightly higher than the front. So aal is about a 1.5in lift?

possibly. i would still flip the axle and drop the shackles. thats just me tho.

From the people I've seen try it.. It doesn't work.. Spring Over is 5.5" of lift.. and stock shackle is 5.5" long.. To drop it down to 4" of lift would mean you have to use a shackle that is 3" shorter... Which will never flex enough for spring movement since the spring will smack the frame like that.

~Mark

ok so if i do the coil seats it will be like 1.5in lift and the aal will be the same for the rear?
the back was sagging before the shackles and now its a little bit higher, i want the rear just as high or slightly higher than the front. So aal is about a 1.5in lift?

The AAL will give you 1.5-2" of lift.. It depends on the condition of the current springs and the type of AAL you get..

~Mark

anyone have links to the parts i need for coil seats or a aal?

possibly. i would still flip the axle and drop the shackles. thats just me tho.

...Do you have a link to your lifted Explorer build???

No... I just told you, i haven't done it yet. I'll put them up as soon as it happens.

anyone have links to the parts i need for coil seats or a aal?

..There is a "How To" found by clicking the "How To" in my signature..;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just a side note people, (specifically Tbars4) I'm not stating concrete facts i am only stating what i would do. and my ideas on what might work. so don't get all pissy because you think i'm wrong. they are just ideas and opinions. All ive done so far is coil spacer inserts and shackles to level it. and lift it like an inch.

Back