Suggestions needed...

draft

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Mounty Sport
OK. I'm having to replace my Pioneer DEH-P7500MP for some reasons.

My choices are this:

Alpine 7995
Alpine 9827

Now, I like the 7995 because it's motorized, but it has no amp built-in, which is fine, because all my speakers are amp'd already. I like the 9827 not only because its a newer model, but the face is beautiful (silver & blue w/ blue font color).

From this, I'll be selling my Pioneer CD-RB10 and CD-RB20 it looks like since it won't work with the Alpine HU.

Just looking for suggestions though. $175 for 7995 or retail for 9827. The 7995 is used but works perfectly, no visual scratches and is fully warenteed by life from the shop I'm getting everything redone at. I'm leaning towards the 9827 - thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've got a 9835 (think only difference is the Bio-Lite) and like it more than the 7894 I had. Crisper sound and better control. Also looks a ton better!

I really have no need for all the extra gimmicks on the higher models, and as I worked at CC, the 9827 is a nice cutoff for the base EQ controls and what not. Nothing will be running off this HU, so RCAs feed all my juice.

It's funny, the AUX input plug for the Alpine is like $15 retail. Both Pioneer adapters costed me about $80. Although, Alpine has the 401C and other AUX boxes with volt control and crap on it. I just need a working stereo at this point. :(

Shoulda checked before opening my mouth.

IMO the 7995 is just a better all around head unit.

also if its lifetime warranty you really cant go wrong

I have the 9827, and am not impressed with it. It's less than a year old, and the things that hold the faceplate tight are worn out.(and I have only ever removed it maybe 5 times.) If you hit a button on the left side of the face it wiggles enough to think the faceplate is dicsco'd and cuts the power off for a few seconds. It also has all kinds of worthless crap on the display, but only has the clock as an option. I likely willm ove on from Alpine next time, though I have no idea on what.

Back