Summer Run in GA, AL, FL Area | Page 4 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Summer Run in GA, AL, FL Area

bmxking5

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport & '96 XLT
Yeah...still never heard of anyone who wanted the tranny to die though. :D

Glad they look good Bruce. Did you paint them black like you said you were going to do?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Charlie's_93EB

Cat 3 Hurricane Rated
Reaction score
City, State
Venice florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Eddie Bauer
bmxking5 said:
Yeah...still never heard of anyone who wanted the tranny to die though. :D

well i am not trying to kill it. But if/when it goes i will not be heart broken, but then it goes i will be able to drive more them 50 from home on the interstate. :D

Bruces expo

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Middle GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Mazda Navajo
no i didnt they looked to good to paint the tires look really small with my bodylift but oh well i like em im gonna keep em until no more

Mcane6

Reaction score
City, State
Carrollton, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 sport 4x4
Any where in GA will prob be good for me. Ill have a def. answer when the place and date is set.

Is this going to be a X run only? bc my cousin was interested in going to he has a 80's model chevy on 37's

And where ever yall decide on make sure its not to extreme bc im still basically stock as u can see from my sig

bmxking5

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport & '96 XLT
I haven't really thought about it lately b/c I've been working on getting stuff ready for my SAS. We still don't have any clue where we are going. :( If we find a place to go, it SHOULD NOT be an X only run, IMO. I think, the more people the better, but I would like there to be a decent amount of Explorers. Plus, if it was an explorer only run, Caleb couldn't go. :D

big351bronc

Reaction score
City, State
St. Simons Island, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
I agree, let whoever go, if we find a place cause ive talked to a few more people who are interested

MartyD

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Tucker, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Explorer XLT 4x2
Hey Charlie, I drive to south Georgia and Tennessee all the time and I NEVER use my overdrive. I burned up 2+ trannys in my Taurus driving in overdrive all the time, and since i had the new tranny installed around 60k in the X I've had no problems with it, and I have nearly 142k on it now. I typically run between 3 and 3.8k RPMs on the interstate and have not noticed any ill effects on the engine or tranny. So come on up!

bmxking5

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport & '96 XLT

bennettbike

Reaction score
City, State
kennesaw ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
gmx jimmy
okay as far as # 12 lucas road, i live near this spot.

Its illegal

edit rest of post removed, that's all that we need to know :rolleyes: - Gerald

bmxking5

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport & '96 XLT
I saw some pics on lost mountain offroad. I talked to one of the guys on there (Cherokee on 36s) and he said that it is much tougher than the pics look. I wouldn't go out there on 31s and 2" lift when a guy on 36s is telling me it's tough. Not to mention the fact that it's illegal and is a pretty long drive for me.

MDPuckett84

Flame On!
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 XLS 4x4
Yeah dont start the illegal talk, they'll close the thread. Sorry bmxking I wanted to go this summer but i dont think its going to happen for me.. some other time perhaps

bmxking5

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport & '96 XLT
Yeah, my clutch just went out recently. Had to pay for that and some other stuff. But now I'm finishing up some stuff in the truck (cargo box, etc.) and it should be getting a snorkel pretty soon...and the 9" is almost ready too. Still gotta go buy a d44, but the 9" is about trail ready. :thumbsup: