Summer Run in GA, AL, FL Area | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Summer Run in GA, AL, FL Area

Just got another PM from Jess (River Rock).
Jess Williams said:
Right now it is only open for this event. If the ride is successful, I am sure it will be open by reservation. This is up to my buddy that owns the property. Thanks for your time...

Jess

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So it's open to anyone but only on the days when the event is going on? Maybe we should try to find something a little farther south but if we can't, we'll do this.

To be honest, I don't know of ANYTHING that is further south than that. I will keep looking for something though. Do you know of any other places in AL?

Caleb - Do you know of anything that is around south GA or a place in FL?

I know of zero places. Never wheeled in a real park so I've never really looked.

Count me in, Ill see if I can get off work. Do we have an actual date yet?

As far as trails south of Macon, there is nothing that is legal, just places to mess around in. Nothing like Tellico or River Rock, just powerlines and palces like that. No one really cares, but its not worth it for a lot of people to drive that far for something they can do in their hometown.

But River Rock sounds good to me. Im gonna see if I cant get some new tires though.

No, we don't have a date set yet. Actually, we don't even have a trail picked yet. :rolleyes: So far, River Rock is only open to the public on June 23-26. Josh(j602) and Caleb(XplorerKid) said that it would be better for them if it was in July sometime. We could try to go to the June run, but then many people wouldn't be able to go. Or we could wait and hope there is a big enough turn-out and we can hope they'll let us reserve the place(I have no idea how much that would cost though). The other option is to just pick another trail all together and decide when we want to go.

351-Do you have 31s or are you still stock? IDK if Jason still has them, but he took off his 33" MasterCraft M/Ts from his 16" wheels. They don't have a ton of tread but I'm sure the price would be set accordingly. If he still has them, he'd probably sell those to you. (If you planned on BL or some other way to fit 33s)

I still have the 30" Pro Comp ATs, which sucks, but i am gonna try and do a 2" body, but that wont be till the end of the summer. I figured Ill try what I can and watch everyone else. i just want to get out there and see what some people can do, including myself.

July would be better for me too, that way Ill be done with summer school.

Matthew and Mechanix - Would July be better for you guys too? It sounds like it would be better for everyone. Compared to the other threads for offroad runs, this is last minute. Once we pick a place to ride, I'll get a moderator to change the thread name to "July Run at _____."

hey bryan ill go anywhere in Ga and maybe N C im not sure right now but once we figure out where were goin i can let you know a yes or no

Where is Rabun bald? Might be a good choice...

I think gray rocks would be too hard. I need easy. :D

j602 said:
Where is Rabun bald? Might be a good choice...
I just found out that it is up in North Georgia, right on the GA/NC line. It's only two hours from me, but would be mucho long for you guys.

Yeah, Gray Rock looks fun...but pretty hard. Plus price, etc. Gardendale looks really fun too. But it too looks hard. Let me know if you find anything that way, because I haven't found anything further south than River Rock.

Well I was asking around at work and they said I can't take time off untill I have worked actual 90 days. I just started a new job, so it looks like I can't take any time off till the first part of August. This really sucks cause I was looking for a change, the dunes are fun, but I would like to climb some hills go though some mud and meet all of you.

I am sure there will be other runs. I will catch up on another run. I need to work to fund this habbit I have with this Explorers I have.

mechanix said:
Well I was asking around at work and they said I can't take time off untill I have worked actual 90 days. I just started a new job, so it looks like I can't take any time off till the first part of August. This really sucks cause I was looking for a change, the dunes are fun, but I would like to climb some hills go though some mud and meet all of you.

I am sure there will be other runs. I will catch up on another run. I need to work to fund this habbit I have with this Explorers I have.

if you are off the weekend on the 11th there wil be plenty of people from michigan and indiana comming down to the badlands for some fun. and its a lot closer than georgia ;)

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132788

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread, I may be able to make it out to a run if time/money allows.

Is any of this stuff off I-85?

Doug-I forgot that you were in LA now. Hopefully we can figure out a place to go and you can come! :thumbsup:

Creager-I've only been to Tatum Lead and Dawson Forest. Neither of those were off of I-85. I don't know about the rest.

Caleb-Did you find any places in northern FL or south GA yet?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Doug, you're in LA now? Saweet!

Back