• Register Today It's free!

Sunroof replacement

ranger19

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 ranger & 99 X Limited
Hello all!!! Just purchased another Ford. Its a 1999 Explorer Limited 5.0 and already in love with it! Anyway, when i had it towed to my house i noticed the sunroof was broke out. How do you remove the old sunroof glass and install a new one?

For anyone that needs to change the sunroof take off the plastic trim pieces on both sides and just pop off both sides of the plastic trim piece that goes all the way around. There are 3 bolts on both sides of the glass, remove these and take off glass and do the opposite to install new glass. Pretty simple :p:

When I saw your first post I was going to mention how easy the glass is to remove in my sooper dooty. But I wasn't sure if ut was similar to the Explorer. Luckily the sun roof in the Explorer is still running strong. It lasted longer than the f250. :(

Yea it was pretty darn easy. I got the old one out and new one in within 40 min. I was rushing to get it done before it started raining too much lol. Also changed drivers window and mirror. The darn windows in the 99 explorers are riveted in!

Back