• Register Today It's free!

Sunvisor make-up lights

ErnieX

Reaction score
City, State
Melrose, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
Wife has 08 Merc Mariner - the make-up mirror lights on the sunvisors have ceased to work - both sides. Don't see how to access bulbs and don't see any fuses listed for these on the owner's manual.

Anyone know anything about these? Can bulbs be removed? Is there power to these or are they sealed and battery operated?

In the dark....

EE

My first step would be is to unmount the sunvisor from the headliner, and see if any wires are present.This will tell if the unit is wired or on battery. It will also let you know what color the wires would be. Just a start. My 2 cents. Pete

Update, Wife returned with Escape. Went out and checked, sunvisor IS, repete, IS wired to power. A bit tricky to get the visor loose, but it can be done. Lights are the fuse style, to get to them, slide the light covers out to the sides . I took a small flat blade driver, and just twisted it back and forth on the inside edge of each cover. Since my units are working, I did remove the visors. You can use a volt meter to check for power at the bulbs. Hope this helps. Pete

Back