Super Swamper radial tsl? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Super Swamper radial tsl?

I have been looking at getting a set of Interco Super Swamper Radial Tsl's, I was planning on going all out and getting a bigger set of rims, but looking at the site I see they have a 31 x 9.50, which will sit on a 15x7 rim. My rims are rockcrawler 15x7's, would this heavier rim and tire make a noticable difference in the speedometer or wear out my 3.55 axles? I would like to stick with stock setup for awhile, but be able to get a bigger tire to accent the 2 inch lift I installed. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you will be fine...just your transmission is known for failure in stock condition - just take care of your transmission

-Drew

Are you meaning the A4ld? I have a M50d, fresh rebuild, do the tires wear out the clutch? I am not going to lie, these tires will be mostly for looks, there is nowhere around here to go 4 wheeling except dusty fields and I have almost no free time. So I want to keep the performance as close to original as I can. Thanks for the help.

Darrman said:
Are you meaning the A4ld? I have a M50d, fresh rebuild, do the tires wear out the clutch? I am not going to lie, these tires will be mostly for looks, there is nowhere around here to go 4 wheeling except dusty fields and I have almost no free time. So I want to keep the performance as close to original as I can. Thanks for the help.

Don't think that just because you have the m5 it's bullet proof. I blew mine up (yes, gears, caranage, $$$$) going down they highway at 56mph on cc lol. It's better than the a4 but don't be too comfortable with it. I'm kinda being the dark bunny of unhappy thoughts right now though lol.

personally i wouldn't get that narrow of a tire. the super swamper tsl radials are extremely narrow. atleast get the 31x10.50. a 15x7 rim will still work perfect. edit: never mind just checked and they don't have a 31x10.50 listed for the tsl radials. there is always the tsl radial ssr's though. good tire. better street manners, siped for wet traction. supposedly longer life. and a little wider tread to help it look a little better imo.

thanks for the heads up, I will check it out, I dont want a really wide tire, but I also dont want a real skinny one either.

are you running any lift? cuz i was checking and the super swamper ssr's (31x10.50) is a little tall at 31.5" so without lift it might be a hassle to make fit. but the ssr's have a tread width of 9" which isn't really wide but its not too skinny. and the 31x9.50 tsl radials have a tread width of 7.2" so that would be a skinny tire.

I have the typical Skyjacker 2 inch lift, yeah 7 inches is too skinny, I will go with the 31x10.50. Is there any major cons to using a stock size rim versus getting a 15x8?

Darrman said:
I have the typical Skyjacker 2 inch lift, yeah 7 inches is too skinny, I will go with the 31x10.50. Is there any major cons to using a stock size rim versus getting a 15x8?

on a 31x10.50 a (stock) 7" wide wheel will work fine. only reason i'd go with a 8" wide wheel is to widen the stance up a bit. but you'll be fine. just make sure and post pics when u get it done. u getting the super swamper ssr's? u can get some mileage out of them. friend of mine had 33's on his f150... had a f'd up alignment and never balanced them and still somehow got over 30,000 mi out of them. and thats not even trying to take care of them.

Back