Super Swamper RXS02R, 31x11.5-15LT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Super Swamper RXS02R, 31x11.5-15LT

Super Swamper RXS02R/TRXUS STS, 31x11.5-15LT

Super Swamper RXS02R STS All Terrain, 31x11.5-15LT

Anyone running these? Yeah, search yielded nothing, and I'm surprised, these tires look BAD @SS!!

I'd like to run these on my 96 XLT on a set of 15X10, 3 5/8" back spacing rims with a TT and AAL. Think they'll fit with minor trimming of the valance and tupperware? NO I dont want to run a 15X8. Super Swamper even recommends running a 10" wide wheel anyways and i don't think a 8" would do the tires justice.

Thanks for your input guys!

~Mike..............

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FROM what i have been told, it is a pretty good street tire

Seems as though they will most likely need more lift then just a TT and AAL will provide?

~Mike............

They are going to be pretty damn wide with the wheels you want on there.

Yeah, I like the wide look. I don't do too much hard core off roading, mainly sand/dunes/beaches and local hunting trails, occasionally a muddy power line road.

I have Eddie Bauer side steps and flares, I'm about to have them color matched to the body paint color along with the bumper pad and valance. I should probly trim them up before paint though huh?

So you guys think these wheels will fit with just a TT and AAL? I've pretty much made my mind up on NOT getting anymore lift, and if these wheels wont work with this sort of lift, I'm just gonna get 265/70/16 on a 16X9 and call it a day.

THANKS again for everyones help/input.

~Mike...........

Yeah, I figured tightening of the torsion bars would make for a slightly stiffer ride (adding preload, though doesn't make the springs stiffer, does move the pounds per inch of suspension movent) so I figured Add a leaf would equal it out a bit. I can do it either way, AAL or shackles, any prefferance?

Maybe both? A realy light add a leaf (1" lift) and a mild shackle lift (1~1.5" of lift). This way I dont have ugly shackles hanging down, and I was thinking the shackles added to the rear might help out a tad with pinion angle.

~Mike..........

OK, I just figured out why there wasent jack when I searched for these tires on here. I only new them as Super Swamper RXS02R STS All Terrain and thats what was in my thread tittle originally. I've since found the most common name for these is TRXUS STS, well, theres pages of it for me to read on lol. Anyways, I just purchased 4 tires in 31X11.5X15 with Pro Comp 15X10 1079 wheels (at an amazing price of under $960.00 mounted/balanced shipped to my door). Crossing my figures that a TT and AAl/shackle will be enough maybe some trimming too to clear these. The offsets are 3.625" (or 3 5/8").

~Mike...........

Will do. It'll be a bit, I need to lift it,change shocks, get the bumper pad, valance, front Mountaineer header panel (doing a Mountaineer headlight/grill conversion) and EB side steps and flares painted. I need to replace a few ball joints up front as well.

After reading every thing about the TRXUS STS on here, no one gave any real reviews at all. Every thing I read was "get the TRXUS M/T". Well, I and most likely 98% of the rest of the world spend 90% of the miles on my ride going back and forth to work, on the street. So after reading other online user reviews of this tire I was sold. They look really really great and aggressive (lets be honest here, a lot of lifting our rides and bigger tires is looks, not that theres not a ton of hardcore offroaders in here, but most I'm just guessing aren't). Even though they look knarly, all the reviews say their quiet on the street (a concern for me, this is my daily driver). Also, all the reviews thus far gave sand a 4~5 out of 5, snow 4~5, street 5, mud 2, rocks 3~4.

Heres a well written review from a H1 owner http://24.248.84.138/hummers/trxus_sts/review.htm

I'll post reviews and pics in a few weeks.

~Mike............

Got'em today! Wow, there freakin wide!!!! Man I hope just a TT will work out for me. The tires would look horrible with a 8" wheel, the 10's look so nice, their not stretched at all. Pics aren't that great, it's just my camera phone.

http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=020807102600zw4.jpg

http://img250.imageshack.us/my.php?image=020807102800er1.jpg

http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=020807103100zh8.jpg

More pics to come after I get them on, but first I need to swap out all the ball joints up front and get some new shocks. Then more pics after that when I get my Mountaineer front end and Eddie Bauer flares painted so I can install them.

~Mike..............

wow, those look sweet. cant wait to see them on your explorer!

Where did you pick those up at? I would be interested in something similar for my X, but I can't seem to do any good locating a 15x10 ANYTHING.

--Chris

WOW, 15X10's are every freakinwere. Its 15X9 or 16X9 thats a ***** to find. I got my wheelds from 4wheelparts.com . Like i said earlier, I got a hell of a deal on the wheel/tire package. These wheels are Pro Comp 1079. They make a 1069 withoutthe bead lock styling. They both look simular to Mickey Thompson Classic II. American Eagle makes wheels that look the same too, both in bead lock lok and not. Theres a set of the smooth ones on eBay right now for $345 SHIPPED Eagle 15X10.

~Mike............

I have since found quite a few options...I was just looking in the wrong places..LOL. I am far from an off-road guy, as most of my vehicles are lower to the ground. However, I thought I'd try something different with the X, since it is 4WD anyway.

I like the look/price of a Soft 8, but I'm still doing some searching. I can't wait to see some pics of what they look like on. Plus, a TT and some Shackles is all I am wanting to go, so I want to know if I am going to have clearance issues beforehand. (Hope you don't mind being a guinea pig).

I'd say you got a deal, that package runs 1184.84 shipped to me right now.

--Chris

I been away on a trip for a week. So yesterday I give her a check for fitmit. WOWza, these sucks are wide, TT and shackle/add a leaf are all I'm doing, but it'll take some trimming of the lower valance, front bumper, tupperware/steps, AND a tad of front fender. luckily (SP?) the fender flares hides the cutting that'll need to be done.

Again, sorry for the low quality pics, using my phone camera.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7700/021907164400vh0.jpg

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6482/021907164600sq3.jpg

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1372/02190716440102ef4.jpg

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7737/021907174700yw4.jpg

I cheated a little here for the pictures. The trucks on jackstands lol. It's 2" higher in the front and the rear is stock height. I didn't want to jack the rear up because the rear wheels are on the slope of my drive way. I 'll do the lift when I do the ball joints and shocks. I'll go ahead and document the trimming that is needed of the valance, bumper, side steps and rear of the front fender opening and take pictures of that too.

~Mike................

Just a note for those wondering. Yes, they stick out quite a bit outside the fenders. I'll be adding Eddie Bauer fender flares to it. With the flares, the front tire tread sticks past the flare at the very top maybe 1/2" or less, the rear are flush for those living in states with restrictions. The wheel/tire combo could use some more back space. Right now there 4.625" back spacing and they could go another inch for sure, maybe even an inch and a half. Would require less trimming and les flare to keep them meats covered.

~Mike..........

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

More than likely you will have to trim the fender flares as well when you put them on.

Back