Supercharger install 9+lb boost! Full build | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Supercharger install 9+lb boost! Full build

Found all the shop guys looking under the hood
Looked like kids getting busted on their faces

thats satisfaction isnt it? i took mine to a ford dealer once where i live for a front end alignment. i was told everyone stopped working when i rolled into the shop. then every tech walked over to see what was under the hood lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I noticed in that recent 2nd gen thread the new member asking about his exhaust. After I posted it hit me that the 4.0's have a larger displacement per cylinder than a 5.0 V8. The stock 1.5" headers are still good, but the V6 needs a size gain sooner than a 302 does, plus it's turning more rpm.

I didn't search for any headers except to remind me of the JBA brand name. I'd look for a better header if I owned a 4.0 SOHC with boost. They can definitely use a 1 5/8" header if there is one. I just recall the prices all being around $500 or more, years ago, so it's good that the stock manifolds are well designed. For the boost of 10psi+ I'd make 2.5" cat pipes too, that would help some, and it's free horsepower for the cost of the exhaust.

Awesome, awesome,awesome. That sounds good and runs well. Obviously this was a lot of work. Nicely done.

Awesome, awesome,awesome. That sounds good and runs well. Obviously this was a lot of work. Nicely done.
Thanks it was a lot of fun hanging with my son
Plus I learned tons

Sounds good! A bit meaner than mine (four cats and a turbo muffler).

Put the old tires on Facebook
They lasted an hour
They still have half the tred on them
We listed them for a $1
And posted that we wanted someone that needs them
A man contacted us came over.....in a beat up 2001 ex .... to get the tires it was a family real nice Mexican fella
He saw my parts stash pile I could see that he needed them
So I gave him e ton of parts I won't use 4great used tires
I usually Save them for forum mmembers
I did not understand them ....wish I did ...but it sounded like thanks with a huge smile
Today I feel good and so does he
Thought I'd share
I did get my $1 tho
A deal is a deal

That is good for your soul and your community. Well done.

I swear this flowmaster muffler sounds better after a few hundred miles

Could be. Some have packing in the mufflers that burn out after a few miles and they get louder and the exhaust note changes.

My dog has a better guess. If it is a chamber muffler there is no packing. A turbo style does have packing and will break-in.

I wonder also if you have blown the cat(s) out as it is now tuned well and your likely getting on it.

Some mufflers have had packing in them that burns out after some use for decades. You must have an ivy league educated dog. Why does my comment trigger you so much?

Edit:
I see you edited your post. Thanks for acknowledging that some mufflers have packing material that burns out over time.

I'm getting good o2 sensor readings for the cats
Plus no noise
No problems I could find

Here is the muffler I used
1618191443268.png

1618191473695.png

I like that cutaway of the muffler. I've seen it before, but I hadn't noticed that the middle half is a dead space with no airflow in it. That's a chamber made to reduce sound, like a Helmholtz chamber which is in most OEM mufflers. I'm hoping I can make something myself in a small container to be a sound reduction "resonator."

That muffler cut away, appears the dogs chased the cats and blew the packing right the **** out the muffler!

Ha Ha

9lbs of boost will do that! Your rig once sucked, then got boosted, and now is more Blown and even less sucky!

Today I went to the junkyard
I found a 2005 sport track
I got the
Throttle body with tps sensor ....spare..
Throttle cable
Cruise control cable
And gas petal

This setup the pedal is a little bit closer to the driver
The pedal is also a half inch longer on the top
So it is easy for her to reach open loop
The throttle cable is just a little bit longer like an inch Which is what I was after
It also has a green spring holder with a spring
We needed a longer throttle cable so this was perfect
It just snapped in the moddbox bracket
The cruise control cable was a little long but fit and snapped into the moddbox bracket as well
Now we have cruise control and it works fine

Now the gas petal is closer to her foot by a inch and has a shorter throw
About 1/4 inch before the pedal hits the actual floor the throttle body is open all the way
The spring device then takes up the slack until the pedal hits the actual floor
This makes it so nothing breaks from stress

Now its operating way better
20210418_175829.jpg
20210418_175918.jpg
20210418_175948.jpg

Ohh the throttle cable is not snapped in all the way
Fixed

I didn't like the location that I put the float
For the meth supply
I ordered a Motorcraft tank took forever
20210424_123027.jpg
20210424_123114.jpg
20210424_123143_kindlephoto-7639272.jpg
20210424_123052.jpg

No leaks

20210424_141359.jpg
20210424_141352.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice, a color that you can tell the WW fluid is blue. One of mine looks kind of purple from a distance.

Back