Supercharger install 9+lb boost! Full build | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Supercharger install 9+lb boost! Full build

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I decided on the max tow boost vacuum gauge Black & Green MaxTow 30 PSI Boost/Vacuum Gauge

I tested and calibrated with a high quality mechanical gauge the gauge was bang on
There is a hole on the back of the gauge itself for a Allen wrench to calibrate or zero it out

Making a solid 4psi boost @ 3500 rpm under load
Here is some pictures

20191202_145703.jpg

20191202_172018.jpg

I like it, and the color match too.

I like it, and the color match too.
I didn't want to commit and screw it down just yet but the additive rubber tape I used looks tacky but it holds really good

I did hook up the dimmer function so it dims when you turn on the lights

I have a GlowShift transmission temperature gauge. I really like it. With the 7 colors I use the white in the daytime and the green at night to match the gauges. The only thing I don't like is the auto dim isn't very dim. I am not a fan of bright gauges at night. I keep bugging them to make a transmission pressure gauge.

I have a GlowShift transmission temperature gauge. I really like it. With the 7 colors I use the white in the daytime and the green at night to match the gauges. The only thing I don't like is the auto dim isn't very dim. I am not a fan of bright gauges at night. I keep bugging them to make a transmission pressure gauge.
I agree the dimmer should be way less bright in the pic it's the lowest setting of the three

If you can find a lower mounting point below the windshield, it won't interfere with your night vision so much.

You could dim it with a small piece of window/tail tint.

Welcome to the boosted club! Looks like you did an awesome job!!

I LOVE the glow shift gauges..... until they all broke. Installed 5 of those things, 3 months later only the clock was still working
Not cool

Your boost gauge looks awesome, BOOST is so much better

Welcome to the boosted club!
Hearing this in my head with Arnold Schwarzenegger voice.
I LOVE the glow shift gauges..... until they all broke. Installed 5 of those things, 3 months later only the clock was still working
Not cool

Your boost gauge looks awesome, BOOST is so much better
I have only had a trans temp gauge from GlowShift. When my Explorer melted, all the gauges, including the transmission temp and pressure gauges were fried, senders included. I called GlowShift customer service to ask a few questions. They told me how to test their temp gauge, agreed it was fried and sold me a new one at 50% off. Did you warranty them?

NOPE no warranty for us, this was a truck I built for my buddy, he is not the type to mess around he went straight to some other brand gauges because parts are cheap when compared to the time he and I spent doing all the custom install work (3 year build)
I do believe the clock is still in there and working though. Their oil pressure, coolant temp AND trans temp gauges ALL QUIT working within months of the build......7 colors or not I was not happy, I will not install. I love the prices, the features and the looks....but three strikes your out!

"Darth Ranger", 84 4x4 302 4r70w twin stick np205 D35ttb 31 spline 8.8 fishing camping truck with all the amenities (370 hp crate 302, 17" dvd in the back, custom fly rod holders, speakers in the headliner, ac and cruise with dual batteries all under the hood...the list goes on and on. Try to save $$$$ where you can, sometimes bites you in the ass

171_041307_100000001.jpg

171_041307_090000000.jpg

Kind of stuff we got into:
171_041307_100000002.jpg

171_041307_110000004.jpg

171_041307_110000003.jpg

171_041310_520000001.jpg

171_041310_510000000.jpg

As you can see Glowshift should do a better job at QC and then they would be WORTHY!!!!!! LOL
I know plenty of people with Glowshift and love them....but they lost a couple of customers here

Sorry for the /Hijack

Max tow seems to be glowshifts "higher end line" hope it lasts seems heave good quality
We shall see

hey that's a good idea!
or spray tint?
I hate when dash lights are toooooo bright like from aftermarket LEDs and such, too distracting. Using a small piece of window film or spray tint is a great idea!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok update
Turns out the tint won't form to the curve
So starting over and my son says why not just print out a bezel to retain a flat piece of tint
Well today he did and I love it he used abs plastic

20191205_170144.jpg

20191205_165002.jpg

20191205_165112.jpg

20191205_170056.jpg

Back