Supercharger piks, finally....

wpurple

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer
The inline pump is under the brake booster...you can see bits of it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, how's it drive? Looks good to me.

you deff need a write-up on your fuel system!!! Lookin good!

Nice. Put a 11 PSI pulley on there and you'll love it.

Fuel System:
There is an inline pump with a FMU that runs parallel with it.
There also is a hobb switch that is inline with the power to the pump, when the hobb switch sees 1psi it closed and energizes a relay to power the pump.

Normally a FMU goes on the return line of a fuel system and "clogs" the fuel from returning thus increasing the pressure, here because it is in parallel, it acts like a drain from the inline pump and as the boost increases it allows less "drain" and thus increase pressure/flow.

Now that I have the SC and Gibson installed, I don't miss my 5L Mustang as much <g>

I would really like to swap out the auto tranny for a manual one. I wouldn't anticipate it to be too difficult especially since I have a 97 Sport with a manual and can use that as a guide.

Oh, drives excellent. Normal driving, just like stock, but stomp on it and you hit the speed limiter very quickly. Either a chip or microtuner next to remove the limiter and tweak the shifts. Would like to see what the top speed will be, I figure at least 125 given the HP and weight.

Wonder, since the speedo only goes up to 120, whether the OBD-II scanner (autotap) will read a speed greater than 120???? Soon to find out.

Very clean installation, looks great! Any HP estimates?

Doug.

wpurple.. I don't know if you read about this or not.. but there is a bearing issue with these chargers. You can ship the unit out to me, I'll fix it free of charge, and send it back in 2-3 years.

Looks great! If the speedo thing don't work, get a dakota digital one, and take a pic at about 130. :D

looking nice, gonna get it dynoed now?

The truck is speed limited with the stock tune, so you will not be able to see the 120MPH. If you get a dynotune, you can have the speed limiter raised / removed.

section525 said:
wpurple.. I don't know if you read about this or not.. but there is a bearing issue with these chargers. You can ship the unit out to me, I'll fix it free of charge, and send it back in 2-3 years.

Don't send it to him. He'll cycle blinker fluid through it. :)

Back