• Register Today It's free!

Supercharger Qs....

cadre

Reaction score
City, State
Alexandria, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Sport
Hello all I am new here and to the Explorer realm. I just bought a 93 sport with a 4.0 V6 for 1500.00:D . I have to say I am very impressed with the truck. I am the type of person who just can't leave things alone so I did some searching for superchargers. To get to the point it is off of a 91 or 93 3.8 Thunderbird. I have been looking but have found no information as to whether this will work on my truck. Everything comes with the SC including the intake and intercooler. Does anyone know if I can make this work? Thanks all in advance for any help I can get.

Later

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know if it will bolt up or not, but I can guess that if you got the truck for $1500, and it is a '93, it has a lot of miles on it... In which case you are going to want to get the engine rebuilt before you try to change from NA to FI.

I believe that it will not work. You have to get a new plenum(?) fabbed up and that could cost a lot of dollars. There are some threads on this subject. Do a search and you should find out about all you need to know in doing this or why not to do this or doing something better. :)

Runs like new. I am not a stranger to working on engines. While most of my experience comes from my weekend racer camaro engine, I will definetly be going through the engine to make sure all is well before installing. I am more concerned with the acc mounting. The SC comes with its own seperate mounting bracket and pulley set. I just don't know if it will go on in the same place. Thanks for the post though maing.

the 3.8L and the 4.0L are two totally differnet machines man....It will require a custom intake plenum to make that blower work, at the very least.......

Bummer I was hoping to modify the intake off of the Thunderchicken. Well I have a good lead for one if anyone has the application for it. 350 for the complete setup shipped (Intake to the intercooler). PM me for details...

Back