Supercharger questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Supercharger questions

manlavi95

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1987 Chrysler Conquest
I guess my question is why foxbody superchargers won't bolt to an Explorer 302, and if there is another way to supercharge if not

the first problem is the front dress is shorter on a explorer then a mustang. i think you can use some of the kits (THINK) but you have to reclock them, and modify the brackets. they are not a bolt on, that i know. you can go roots, but the only bolt on kit is a long ago discontinued explorer express kit. those are used with a m90 roots blower (that were also made special for explorer express). or you can do what i am working on now, and thats mounting a m112 (from a 03-04 cobra). the hardest part for that will be the intake tube.

the biggest reasons is the serp belt. in a explorer the belt sits about a 1 to 1.5 inches closer to the block. so nothing will line up. and if you go with a front mount like a vortech its the same thing. all accessory locations and brackets are different.

so pretty much the easiest way to combat the belt offset with the kenne bell 5.0l kit is to use and independent belt and crank pulley spaced accordingly, or you could have a custom blower pulley made that has enough back spacing and be big enough to set back over the blower snout

Back