SUPERCHIPs on board!!

TIO M

Reaction score
City, State
Copperas Cove, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 LTD X/Platinum 4wd
Folks,

I go an email from Superchips this morning they will be working on the Ford Explorer....due to current projects it might be about a month from now before it gets the full attention. Once they have gotten to where they'll need me, they'll call me so I can go up and test the tune.

Stay tuned...

I will be keeping the OEM intake and exhaust during the testing phase, once we are good I'll be swapping out for the CGS products and go from there.

Again Stay Tuned...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking forward to hearing about your results.

Sounds great keep us posted!

I'd rather deal with an SCT tuner, the similar V6(s) in the Stang/Edge/Taurus etc have had great results with SCT. SCT tunes seem to work and have the best results on the Ford engine line.

I'd rather deal with an SCT tuner, the similar V6(s) in the Stang/Edge/Taurus etc have had great results with SCT. SCT tunes seem to work and have the best results on the Ford engine line.

any idea if/when this will be released?

Well I have contacted SCT numerous times and they seem to not care. I called several times, left several emails. It has been two weeks trying to get something from SCT too include on Facebook.

I finally gave up and sent an email to Superchips and got an email back the next day, then I called and talk to a representative that day and we talked some more. The following day I got an email confirming that the Ford Explorer had also been added to the list and they'd call me for testing the tune when completed.

So I can honestly say that SCT doesn't really care, so I'm going with Superchips and if SCT returns any of my emails or phone calls I'd maybe consider going with them until then. First come first served...

Well I have contacted SCT numerous times and they seem to not care. I called several times, left several emails. It has been two weeks trying to get something from SCT too include on Facebook.

I finally gave up and sent an email to Superchips and got an email back the next day, then I called and talk to a representative that day and we talked some more. The following day I got an email confirming that the Ford Explorer had also been added to the list and they'd call me for testing the tune when completed.

So I can honestly say that SCT doesn't really care, so I'm going with Superchips and if SCT returns any of my emails or phone calls I'd maybe consider going with them until then. First come first served...
Any Ford tuner should be able to do the truck easily, lot's of places in FL that do SCT tuning. Plenty of shops have done the 3.5 and 3.7 engine line from Fusions, Taurus', Stangs etc. They should be able to tune with an Ex w/ an x-cal 3... But either way good luck.

Also interested. Keep us posted.

Thanks

Any update on this?

Glad to see this being actioned! A bit more power would be a very welcome feature!

Expect even thei mildest tune to have bone jarring shifts even at part throttle, and not give you any real performance or mileage increases to speak of.

With every bolt on "performance enhancing" device you can or will be able to buy for the X, what do you honestly expect to achieve on e you spent $2000 on a tuner, exhaust, cai, random gizmos? 10-15 more HP? It's a smallish V6 that already makes almost 300 HP. It's pretty much tapped as it is.

Total HP wasnt really what I was looking for, I was looking to enhance lower RPM torque.

Top speed is not an issue its how quick the Ex gets going from a stand still for me.

Thats the reason Ford put the 3.7L Mustang V6 in the Interceptor Explorer.

I was also hoping that programming could allow for the ability to modify the AWD settings so when you accelerated the torque steer was mitigated with more power to the rear wheels. Ford recalibrated this on the Interceptor Explorer as well.

I bet anything that you can't tell about of difference in the 3.7 vs the 3.5. The 3.5 limited Edge is faster than the 3.7. If a steeper final drive was an option that would be much more potent than the extra single digit tq from the 3.7.

Back