• Register Today It's free!

Superlift 4" Lift Leaf Springs?

MonsterTruck460

Reaction score
City, State
in the mud & sticks-Hillsboro, Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Eddie Bauer
I'm looking to get some lift without spending all my tax money. So instead of warrior shackles hanging down, i found Superlift Superide Lift Leaf Springs that give 4" lift in the rear. Is anyone else runnin these? I was going to do this with the TT lift for the front and of course no more than 2". I know the rear would have a taller stance but for the 1-2" it sags now and the fact that i like the rear a little higher than the front, I'm the thinking it would look pretty sweet. The leaf springs are part #01-194 and Summit has them for $147.95 ($167.90 at my door). About double the price of Warrior shackles but over double the lift and a better way to lift in my eyes. I appreciate anyones opinions or personal experience. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dont do it

you'll destroy your cv axles by shifting weight from the rear

I agree with the post above. The leafs SHOULD give you the full 4" of lift cuz the sagging is coming from the stock set up. If you want the lift you might as well do the shackles and TT or spend the $$$ on the full suspension kit.

True
The lift spring will not lift you 4" higher than it is now, rather 4" higher than it was when new. You will have a horrible front rake.Your parts wear and fuel economy will suffer. A forward rake will increase the wind resistance by as much as 11% due to the whole roof being a wind jam. The roof should have a slight rearward rake when the truck is sitting level.

True
The lift spring will not lift you 4" higher than it is now, rather 4" higher than it was when new. You will have a horrible front rake.Your parts wear and fuel economy will suffer. A forward rake will increase the wind resistance by as much as 11% due to the whole roof being a wind jam. The roof should have a slight rearward rake when the truck is sitting level.
Not to jack the thread but..........What if one was to already have the 4" Super lift front and rear and then add warrior shackles to the rear????

Not to jack the thread but..........What if one was to already have the 4" Super lift front and rear and then add warrior shackles to the rear????

if you mean to level it back out that should be fine

Personally I believe shackles give initial lift, but will sooner or later flatten out the leaf springs. While lifting, they also allow more flexing, as in the shackle gives more room for the spring eye to travel backwards, thus flatter. I have seen shackles allow the leafs to actually look like a W

So is it the mid '90's F-150 leaf springs that fit the 2nd gens? How much do they give for lift and would this be a safer setup with a 2" TT?

I had this on my 99. Full super lift with the warrior shackles and TT. Ran 35x12.50's with some minor fender trimming. It was a monster and got the fuel economy of a tank, not to mention drove like a tank (felt every pebble I drove over). It was awesome. I miss that truck.

I think a member here may still have it. I know it was found on a used car lot a couple years back after I sold it. I told the guy I sold it to to call me if he ever got rid of it... he never did and the used car lot sold the thing for 800 bucks. I can only imagine they gave him half of that when he traded it in. I wouldn't have thought twice and would have bought it back for way more than that used car lot gave the guy. The thing had a lot of money in it... what a shame.

Back