Superlift kit questions

Alwayssideways

Reaction score
City, State
Newington, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Sport Trac
Hi all,

I have been bouncing all over the internet trying to cover a few questions I have about the super lift kit part number K494/K495. It is only listed for 2001 and 2002 sport tracs. I want to say that it should fit the 2003 XLT(which is what I have) does anyone know for sure?

The other question I have is I know it lifts about 4" and that will severely wear on my cv shafts, but I have read on a few sites that the kit supposedly comes with a bracket to lower the diff to take the strain off the cv shafts. I was wondering if this is the case?

Can anyone help me ?

Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe all the Explorer superlifts are 'drop bracket' lifts that lower your factory suspension. Otherwise 4 inches would be way too much. I think the SportTracs are based on the second gen front suspensions, and your third gen would be different.

if it's t bar front, it fits,, but the front diff support for a Trac is a bit different from the regular explorer i think,, Superlift can tell you on their support line,,

OP has a 2003 Sport Trac. 2001-05 (Gen 1) ST's all have the same front ends. Only exception would be RWD or 4WD.
2003 4wd XLT ST. Painted Cladding, TT and AAL, Sony headunit, clear corner lights, blacked out euro tails

There is 2 different front axles in the sport trac, super d30 and the D35 (also in 95-01 explorer). The super d30 uses a much longer rear mount, the frame in the truck is actually specific for it. Superlift makes a kit for both.

SWShawaii. I found the kit listed for less than 1k. Im still on the fence about the kit. I am even toying with the idea of keeping the ST as my daily truck since it is still in really good shape and modding out a late 90's XJ and use that to bash off some trees.

XJ would have a lot more options, and be cheaper to build from used parts. Though, if I was gonna wheel a Heep, it'd be a Wrangler.

Back