Superlift or not? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Superlift or not?

truck is stock for now and sitting in the garage. Priority one is the lift... thinking about Superlift, exploring all possibilities though.

might just do a 4" plus coil spacers and SOA in the rear. Untill I go for a SAS...

;)

For now I need enough lift to fit 33's on 15X8 with as little trimming as possible.

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Youre gonna wanna go 5.5 over 4 if you wanna fit 33's w/o trimmage. Its the same amount of installation difficulty to do 5.5 over 4 too.

Dre there is nothing wrong with the soa Brackets, Ijust cant weld and when I get my new rear alex I want some of those so I dont have to go looking for someone to weld it up for me

and as for that front pig I still have it in the same box you sent it to me in.

Ryan

Dre, those with the big Skyjacker lifts haven't been complaining. Talk to Pete, rfrblahblah... He lives in Ill, also.

For info on a SAS check out this thread:

Dead Link Removed

And the Explorer/Ranger Solid Axle Swap Registry in general.

Originally posted by Ryan1
Dre there is nothing wrong with the soa Brackets, Ijust cant weld and when I get my new rear alex I want some of those so I dont have to go looking for someone to weld it up for me

and as for that front pig I still have it in the same box you sent it to me in.

Ryan

you still have to weld the superlift brackets. I don't care what anyone says.

yes but you dont have to do it that second. I can put everything together and the drive somewhere and have it welded up.

As opposed to toting the axel around to have someone do it and then slap it under my truck or having to wait till a buddy of my that can weld has the free time to do it the same day that I install it.

Ryan

Originally posted by taxxman2k
you still have to weld the superlift brackets. I don't care what anyone says.

Dude, I've been running the superlift brackets for about 9 months without welding them and its fine. In that time, I have gone to Glamis and jumped the thing and shot through 3' whoops, Ive gone to Joshua Tree rockcrawling and doing mining trails out there twice, and have countless local day trips or quick trips out to the desert for some whompage and had no problems. Dont get me wrong, I recommend welding them...but for the guy who's too lazy and realizes that it really doesnt freakin matter so theres no point in wasting money, it'll be ok.

i have heard only horror stories about the superlifts.... i have heard only rave reviews on the skyjacker class 2 lifts... this is what i will be running eventually with my d35..... i am not going to do an sas......

Originally posted by Josh S.
Dude, I've been running the superlift brackets for about 9 months without welding them and its fine. In that time, I have gone to Glamis and jumped the thing and shot through 3' whoops, Ive gone to Joshua Tree rockcrawling and doing mining trails out there twice, and have countless local day trips or quick trips out to the desert for some whompage and had no problems. Dont get me wrong, I recommend welding them...but for the guy who's too lazy and realizes that it really doesnt freakin matter so theres no point in wasting money, it'll be ok.

Glad you had better luck. Mine slipped back and forth till I welded them. Maybe the first gen axle is just ever so slightly differnent.

You guys are killing me! SAS is OK but I don't think I'm in a position right now to do it. At least I think I'm not. Let me first get this thing going, lift, rear end (FIRST I GOT TO IX TRANNY THAT DIED TODAY) and wheels..... we'll see later what's next.

I was thinking about dropping a Cherokee front axle in.... no problem with bolt pattern at least or the width.... but decided against it as it's not really strong enough for an "X"... but like said.... THAT"S LATER.

Skyjacker makes nice lift... I know Pete and his Sport... he bought my Un-Limited from me. I got no problem with Skyjacker other that it's price.... but I think it's well worth it. I'm still shopping (For now for a replacement gearbox and new rear end with disks and 4.10 stock).

Back