Superlift question regarding brake lines?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Superlift question regarding brake lines??

AlaskanJack

Elite Cabin-Fever Captain
Reaction score
City, State
Centralia, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 , 93 & 01 Sports
Does anyone know if the Superlift 5.5" left kit comes with an extension brake line for the rear axle? I am needing to replace my flexible brake line in the rear but parts shop only had one that has the splitter in it going to the wheels. I am assuming that the second flexible hose attached to this one has been added for the SOA. So where can I get a replacement for it?

The lift kits don't come with extended brake lines. You can order lines from superlift, but I don't reccomend it. I prefer the ProComp lines, very strong. You can order from anyone. I get mine from 4wheelparts. I may still have a spare laying around so I'll let you know this evening.

Well I made a quick run to salvage yard and looked at the rear flexible line and of course it was just one piece. Funny thing was where the splitter is at the end of the hose doesn't match mine. May not matter. Mine is made up of two rubber pieces. The one bolted on top the diff is not from an Explorer. It is trapezoid shaped and the hard lines going to the wheel come off it at about a 45 degree. I checked with local 4x4 shop and they can get the skyjacker extended lines for $50 and it wouldn't be in until the 8th.

So if ya got one for sale cheap. and are willing to send it 2 day mail I'll take it. Otherwise I'll order for 50 bucks and wait til the 8th

I haven't found the brake lines yet. Sorry, I'll keep looking this weekend. I'd just given it to you for shipping cost.

Back