superlift replacement CV | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

superlift replacement CV

Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Dodge, IA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Mounty
so i was looking at summitracing and i guess superlift makes replacement cv joints. they claim they can accept much greater cv angles. does anyone know what kind of TT these can accept over the stock CVs?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bump

e-mail summit?

there ya go the differecne is it has 3 u joints so ya it should accept greater angles sounds pretty sweet

Superlift driveshafts are made from the same high-quality materials as stock types and are direct replacements for OE shafts. However, there's an important difference. Where OE shafts have only two U-joints--one at each end--Superlifts have three. Two of them are paired up at one end, to allow them to take much greater "angles" than the stock units. That can be a really important factor when you're lifting your vehicle.

well, i am actually suprised, you said cv's not driveshaft in the orig post,
for your information, i would just get a front shaft from a 1990 ranger, or in that gen of ranger, they have the double cardan end just like the superlift shaft, as did my stock shaft on my 96 Explorer,,

so that was way cheaper, , got 1 at the junkyard i left at Turdles, for $100 complete,,

maybe the origional poster can put a link to the cv's he is talking about, ,

Yes I am talking about the shafts on summit with the 3 u joints and I didn't know
that those rangers had 3 u joints thanks I was just wondering if anyone had an idea of how much greater of a tt these could handle since they can accept greater angles I guess

okay , that part is not affected at all by a TT , only on a suspension lift, where the drop box kit uses a drop for the front differential as well.

a TT changes the angle on the cv joints that go from the differential to the front wheels,
this is used when you change the angle from the transfer case to the front diff,,

oh alright thanks

Back