• Register Today It's free!

Superlift SOA 1160

rngmStr

Reaction score
City, State
Pacific NWest
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Eddie Bauer X
got a 94 EBX, thinking of Superlift SOA kit 1160. Asking some opinions from others, never attempted to weld, not wanting to attempt on my rear axle. Fear of overheating axle scares the $*** outme. With the Superlift SOA perches and tightening them down would one be able to drive it a bit, down to a shop to have them throw a weld on their? I've researched the Superlift SOA kit and it sounds like their is movement when accelerating/braking. Hoping to hear that this described setup would work to drive a bit, until able to have properly welded. THX

I used the SOA kit. Never had a problem with it the 2 1/2 years I had it on. The kit has tabs that rests in the stock perches so the SOA kit can not move.

Only problem I had was from axle wrap. Everyone gets some with a SOA.

Asking some opinions from others, never attempted to weld, not wanting to attempt on my rear axle. Fear of overheating axle scares the $*** outme.
AHaha there is nothing to be scared of. You wont "overheat" the axle just by welding on new perches to the tubes. These tubes wont warp, melt, or change a dimension measureable with normal tools.

Back