• Register Today It's free!

Superlift SOA Braket questions

Matt58

Reaction score
City, State
Boise, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
I was wondering if any of you out there have any pictures of the braket that Superlift uses in their 5.5" kit. I have heard that these brakets move a lot under heavy use. I cannot make up my mind whether or not to use that braket or have new spring perches and shock mounts welded to the axle. Any help would be great. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't have any pics but I've had my lift on for around 5 years now and I have had to replace both extended radius arms and drop down brackets. They redesigned the newer ones. Not sure if this helps. Which bracket exactly are you curious about?

Matt,
The superlift brackets make for a simple conversion. After about 200 miles, you will need to tighten them down. At that point, you may consider stitch welding them on. I haven't had a problem with mine moving since really hitting them with an impact wrench. The axle does have some play, however it will settle in. But - I will be putting a stitch weld on in a few weekd just to be sure...

Jon

To Positive Vibes: The bracket that I am talking about is the one for the rear that gives the Explorer the 5.5" through a "spring over axle."" I am pretty sure this bracket just puts the axles on top of the axle in stead of leaving them under the axle. I have heard that this braket moves alot under heavy use. Thanks for the reply.

I have not had any movement over the lift of the lift. They work great. Only thing I have never done but think about it everytime I'm under the rig is cut or make the plate that goes over the springs. I still have the old ones with the stock shock mounts on them. I like Jon's idea of stich welds. I'll have to try it. Thanks Jon.

To Jon McLeod: I went the the web-sit that you have at the bottom of your post but I couldn't get your e-mail address. I have a lot of questions concerning the Superlift kit tha tyou have on your explorer. My e-mail address is mnavest@hotmail.com. Thanks

do they sell the braket by itself. i got a quote for the pro comp spindles and now i want to get the bracket for the soa. what are the part numbers and how much was it. the spindle from procomp has part number 5217. that is for the spindle only.

My SOA brackets have never moved. Heard about the same problems, but not mine. Broke the superlift radius arm though, really an eye opening experience! I don't have any pic's, but I'll get some this weekend.
I'm pretty sure you can just get the bracket, give Superlift a call.

here ya go

Attachments

• mvc-010s.jpg
    mvc-010s.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 292

you have to cut the shock mount off the original one and use it on top like this, mine is sloppy looking but works:D

Attachments

• mvc-011s.jpg
    mvc-011s.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 275

Using MadMike's pics.

Where the upper bracket with the shock mount sets in the piece under the axle (its a cup like piece), I welded them together when mine was new. So mine has never moved!

FYI, this lift was installed in early '97 and now has 130,000 (some hard) miles on it.

BTW MadMike,

Is that exhaust legal in your state?:nono:

the muffler fell off right behind the cats, but when my mom gets down here from oregon next week she is bringing me my plates and yes it is legal :D I plan on throwing on a glass pack soon though:confused:

I have glass pack on mine and I like the sound.

When are you installing lockers?:hammer:

well gonna have to wait on the front but should be some time within the month, but then again I just got a sweet deal on a dana 60 rear, so now i'm looking for a dana 44 with the coil perches and stuff for the front , off a 79 or so full size bronco, so if i can get one i might sell my gears , they are new still in the box with install kits, just have to see how soon and expensive for the front axle. have lots of ideas just in limbo for a little while:D :D :D

The number for the front is 9138 and the rear is 9116 for the RS9000's.

i called superlift and they say the bracket are only for 91-94 and do not hav one for my 99. cant i use the same perch from 91-94 on a 99? aint the axle the same size?

nobody knows the answer to this?

If it's a Ford 8.8 it should be the same size.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How is the ride with the spring over? I am going to go the super lift 4" in the front and I cannot decide on the 4" superlift springs or an SOA for 5.5 and crank on the t-bars for the extra inch in the front?

Back