Superlift SOA - whats in the box?

SteveVB

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Rubicon w/stuff
Whats in the Superlift rear kit box- #1160 the 5.5" SOA brackets.

I am going to SOA my axle, but it may be cheaper to get this kit and then weld the perch on rather than get a perch welded on,fab up shock mounts, lengthen the sway bar links and pick up new u-bolts. I like the shock placement on the superlift and if it includes the shock/axle bracket, longer sway bar links, and u-bolts nuts. It may be more convienient/cheaper than piecing it all together

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I had gotten my 4" Superlift, the rear kit box contained the extended sway bars links and the new bushings. And possibly the rear brake line, but that may have come seperate :rolleyes:

The SOA bracket box contents

Im looking for the SOA bracket box contents. Im not sure fabbing up the bracket will be cost effective, if its already been done.

Hopefully Ill get some time tomorrow to give SL a call, but if someone had the info I figured Id ask.

called SuperLift

FYI The Super Lift #1160 rear kit box includes
Shock relocation/axle housing brackets.
Sway bar link extensions.
Brake line relocation brackets.

No U-Bolts- I thought it might - oh well.

So if you were to get this kit, where would you get longer U Bolts from? Is that something that bolt supply shops would carry? I've heard negative things about this kit... (IE the brackets slip) Is it possible to buy this kit and then have the supplied perches welded on? How much does this kit go for (and where would you order it?)

The stock u-bolts can be reused, and the brackets do shift back and forth, but that can be remedied by having the brackets welded to the axle. I just used the brackets that Steve is looking at, I did not get the kit though, I bought the relocation brackets off a guy on here. They shift back and forth when braking or accelerating, but I am going to get them welded so that will not happen anymore..

Originally posted by HokieBert
So if you were to get this kit, where would you get longer U Bolts from? Is that something that bolt supply shops would carry? I've heard negative things about this kit... (IE the brackets slip) Is it possible to buy this kit and then have the supplied perches welded on? How much does this kit go for (and where would you order it?)

Superlift told me to use the stock bolts- Im not sure about reusing bolts with 50000 miles on them so you could get new from the dealer, or a spring shop if you have one close.

If I get the brackets I will have it welded on.

Places I checked have it for around $105

I really like the shock position on the brackets , and will probably just use these rather than spending the time to fab up something that will look like these .

Oh and just in case you decide to try Advance Auto for new u-bolts, don't! I went by there to get some new ones, and I picked up the largest ones they had, and they still did not fit:mad: So I have to take them back as soon as I get home.....

Hokiebert

Check also for lift parts on rangerstation, tons of front parts there, there was a guy on the flex board selling a front lift for a great price, not sure if he still has it though

Back