• Register Today It's free!

superlift superunner steering

slow-demon

Reaction score
City, State
Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 xl sport
Does anyone use this kit? I have this kit and is finding out that replacement parts are ridiculously expensive. And the parts don't even last long. For one make sure that the idler arm bushing are checked and if worn replaced often. I have replaced most of the linkages already because of wear. And they do wear fast. The only thing left is the centerlink. The centerlinks balljoint that attaches to the pitman arm is as loose as a goose. And that parts cost around $200 alone. One of the inner steering rod ended up being around $100. I am thinking if I should even get a new centerlink or just a new kit. I will end up spending more for the parts than what the whole kit is worth. I will end up just taking the superlift steering system and install the stock steering back on.

I'd do a search on this. I just put in a 5.5 kit and was planning on doing the super runner steering but I read a lot of not so good reviews. There were even a few people going back to stock. I ended up staying stock. Do a search and check the thread.

Idler arm bushing question

Related to your post slow-demon. I have the Super runner steering system on my '92 Navajo (5.5 lift). I had it installed in '94 and ran the truck for 100,000 miles before any signs of ware. At that time I replaced the idler arm bushings. Since then I have replaced them 3 times and I need them again in 134,000 miles.

Now my question the group; can I get the bushings for this idler arm from anyone other than Superlift?

Well, I just talked to Superlift Tech Support. He couldn't give any insight and says they only have one type bushing. They are sending me (free) a bushing kit.:(

Back