Superlift - will it fit a 1995 (listed from 96 onward) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Superlift - will it fit a 1995 (listed from 96 onward)

JamesB

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Sport
Hi all,

I am desperately looking for an affordable suspension lift kit for my 1995 Explorer Sport (4x4). I have found that superlift offers a kit for the 1996-2001 model years. Shouldn't this kit also fit a 1995? Esp. considering that the body style started in 1995 ...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-James-

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes the superlift suspension kit will work, but not because of the body syle. IN 1995 ford changed from i beams to a independent front suspension. the superlift kit is a drop bracket, so the torsion bar and differential will drop down to acheive the lift

there was something strange about that year explorer i cant remember what it was, but it was different from all the other 2nd gens.

Can anybody chime in as to the differences between the 1995 and 1996 models? I'd really like to know why Superlift claims this kit will not work with a 1995 .. but will a 1996 ...

i think it was that 95 was obd1 and 96 and newer were obd2

yes 95's were ob1 and 96 onword were ob2's.....im pretty sure the superlift will work ont he 95's it is the smae as the 96(basiclly at least the suspension and the driveline are)...send superlift an e-mail.

[QUOTE='97 V8]i think it was that 95 was obd1 and 96 and newer were obd2[/QUOTE]

thats what it was :thumbsup: , i just couldnt remember what it was

Back