• Register Today It's free!

Supply and Demand

JRRF

Reaction score
City, State
Mid Atlantic
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
I am thinking that these things, while in short supply earlier in the year, seem to be accumulating on dealer lots. Does anyone else think that's a fair assessment? And with gas pricing rising, I would think demand for SUVs (of any mpg) will be declining. In my mind all of this should add up to better deals next month than this month, and maybe more cash back from Ford. Other opinions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wouldn't say piling-up but there are now a few on the lots. I have seen alot more showing up on their web sites but not on the lots. The larger dealer in the area has about 10 on the lot BUT 30 on their web site. The other twenty all say "Dealer Ordered". My assumption is that the twenty are now in transit or about to bebuilt this coming week. Like you I hope that Ford will increase the rebate back to $1000 on may 4. Yes, I also believe that the rising gas prices will affect how many Ex they can sell.

I hope so. I could certainly use more rebates - $1500 would be awesome. =)

On a separate note, I am seeing a lot of them on the road in Atlanta. Not sure if I'm really trying to see them or if they're just plenty around. Spotted around 15 in various colors in the last few days.

My dealers have many FWD.

My dealers have many FWD.

I think that alone is a good sign. They are now starting to make less popular models which might indicate that demand has slacked and they want to sell to whomever wants one.

Maybe in MI you can't do without 4WD, but in most places even in the worst winter the roads are cleared pretty quickly. Unless you are a first responder, or have a penchant for traveling in the woods, it's rare that you ever need 4WD.

I just need to haul my kids around and would be more than happy with a better deal on a FWD.

Back