• Register Today It's free!

Suspension lift kits

Mrobs146

Reaction score
City, State
Westland, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 xls 4x4
what website can I look up lift kits for my 2003 4 door 4x4?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check the search results from this link:
Google Custom Search

There are several threads here about lifting the 2rd gen Explorers.

Welcome to the forum:chug:

Still can’t really find anything. Don’t want a body lift and it shows those or a f-150 lift

there is no commercially available lift kit for that year , you can get some spacers , and a few odd pieces here and there, but it's a build it yourself deal ,

I run the rancho quicklift struts on my wife's 04 Explorer. Gives about 1.5-2" of lift. It looks good with 265/75r16 tires. Only thing I recommend is swapping the factory springs onto the rancho struts if your springs are still good. I found the rear springs that come with the Ranchos to be way too soft.

Did duner ever finish and put his kit up for sale. Also does anyone know who makes or where to get the fabricated upper a arms or if theirs some aftermarket nuckles like off a f150 that will work on our rigs. Im sure i can fab the brackets but not sure what to do for the gap to the upper balljoint or the tierod mounting in the front. Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

You can use Air Lift Lock-N-Lift spacers. Cheap yet effective.

Rancho has some shocks that will give you a bit of a lift. No idea other than that. I've been looking myself, off and on.

02-05 Explorer Lift Spacers

BTF fabrication

BTF is the way to go,
02-05 Explorer uniball upper arms

quickLIFT™ LOADED

haven't been on the site in a while , was working on the other "Eleanor" had to get her ready for Diesel Nationals.

Charlotte just got the motor ripped out and rebuilt, Stage III heads, ARP head studs, injectors, "Pro Charger" you'all find out , Dyno results this spring/summer. Up Up and Away.

Hooyah

:troops:

Michael----Navy CB Vet

Can Do.

Navy CB Vet--

upload_2018-1-24_15-36-33.jpg

For some reason there called different. Look for leveling kit, most people think its just for the front .But if you have independent suspension they also have them for the rear struts. I installed 3" strut spacers in the front and 2" rear . I like it and no suspension mods or error codes on advancetrac and got rid of the rake .It sits even and stealth .Body lift is next

So, with BTF spacers, Quicklifts, a body lift, and bigger tires, you should be able to get about 5-6 inches of lift. Not too bad!

Back