• Register Today It's free!

suspension lift questions

Ajack1991

Reaction score
City, State
westland michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer xlt
Ok so I'm waiting for the btf spacer lift and was wondering if there is any other lift I can combine with this? Body lift Is out of the question!! I know there's rancho quick lifts or longer coil springs but am not sure if they can be ran together?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rancho quick lifts will net you an extra 1-1.5 inches of lift, but may do some natural settling in the years to come. Longer coil springs are usually not done any more, since they typically do some serious settling. The two typical methods used here are the coil spacers and body lift.

To be honest too, trying to combine as many lift varieties as possible are really pushing the boundaries of what these vehicles are capable. Two combined suspension lifts really put the geometry out of whack, and increase the risks of failure in ball joints when the angles become too extreme. That's why people usually opt for the single suspension lift (coil spacers) and body lift (since the two are exclusive to their lifting mechanisms.

Depending on your spacer size, it would be wise to consider investing in BTF's extended control arms (but you may already be aware of that).

-Dubya

Yea I'm getting the 2.25 front and 1.75 rear. And the upper arms will be bought when I get the money for thdm. Maybe a month or so. But I do have brand new upper control arms and upper and lower ball joints so I think a month or so will be fine with just street driving. It's just that I don't have the tools or time to do a bidy lift and a shop would cost over a $1000 with me not having my truck for days. Biggest obstacle they said is that when they get under the body it's going to very rusted probably, since it's been in Michigan it's whole life

Body lift takes about 3 hours and your basic tools, a jack, some buddies and some good ole 2x4's. The lift is 180-200, couple cans of PB blast or liquid wrench and you're good to go. Like Dubya said, combining suspension lifts will really throw the truck out of wack and could cause harmful damage to the truck and possibly you. Def get the UCAS and you should be set to go. Keep us posted!

Yea I'm getting the 2.25 front and 1.75 rear. And the upper arms will be bought when I get the money for thdm. Maybe a month or so. But I do have brand new upper control arms and upper and lower ball joints so I think a month or so will be fine with just street driving. It's just that I don't have the tools or time to do a bidy lift and a shop would cost over a $1000 with me not having my truck for days. Biggest obstacle they said is that when they get under the body it's going to very rusted probably, since it's been in Michigan it's whole life

Just for reference I paid a mechanic from a dealership to put on new strut assemblies, spacers, and BTF UCA's for $300. He did it on a Sunday and got it done in about 5 hours.

Do not run 2.25 and 1.75 inch spacers without getting the extended upper control arms. The stock ones - new or not - will be a ticking time bomb.

There's no shop around me that does body lifts and nobody I know would have the know how to do a body lift. The 2 sshops I went to say it takes 12-16 hours of just labor. And they won't free up a stand just for that. And I'll probably go a month on regular uca and ball joints. I'll post more updates with the lift, new rims and tires. Thanks guys

Back