• Register Today It's free!

Suspension Lift

Maearl

Reaction score
City, State
Grapevine, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer XLT AWD
Hello. I have a 1998 Explorer XLT AWD and would like to lift the suspension for use on a hunting lease. Has anyone lifted an AWD Explorer and if so, what lifts would you recommend? The only lift kit I have been able to locate is a Superlift 4". Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum! There are several kits out there, including the Superlift. One place to look is http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/index.asp .

BTW, moving the thread to the Modified forum for better visibility.

The RCD kit is probably a little better than the Superlift. But, it's also a little more expensive. Either kit will be good for your needs. A lot of people on this site have lifted AWDs. You should have no probs.

it depends on how high u want to go
i did a tt aal and shackles and am fitting 32s

Thanks for the quick response. No more than 4" for sure.

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it. My 98 AWD is a 5.0L and has been a great vehicle. Bought it new.

If your going for the el-cheapo route, you can do a 2" tt in the front, then add a leafs and warrior shackles in the rear for an additonal 2.5-3 inches. After that, you can install a body lift of 2" or 3"s. With that done you can install 32-33" tires. Trimming will depend on what type of rims you use. Kit number for a 98 newer explorer is performance accessories #883.

Thanks to you as well. I tried the site and could only find the superlift listed. I sure do appreciate the input. I'm excited about getting this done now.

if you want to see examples look at boominexplorer's build he has a lifted AWD and it is sweet

If your going for the el-cheapo route, you can do a 2" tt in the front, then add a leafs and warrior shackles in the rear for an additonal 2.5-3 inches. After that, you can install a body lift of 2" or 3"s. With that done you can install 32-33" tires. Trimming will depend on what type of rims you use. Kit number for a 98 newer explorer is performance accessories #883.

i believe the performance accessories kit he needs is the pa853 not the 883...correct me if im wrong...

If you want the best go with Dixon Bros, RCD or SAS.

It all depends on how much work you want to put into your truck and how many $$$ u wanna spend.

no its 883, he has a 98 newer, whith a different steering bar.

Thanks for all the information and suggestions. I really appreciate all the help. I'll keep ya'll posted.

SOA with custom leafs...

:edit: actually SOA with standard stock leaf height gives you a LOT of lift believe it or not.

Back